Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hydog: check out the rtmpdump git. cd into librtmp subdirectory and then make and sudo make install prefix=/usr.
BlueCop Wrote:hydog: check out the rtmpdump git. cd into librtmp subdirectory and then make and sudo make install prefix=/usr.

Great! - thanks for the quick reply
So it seems the db has no tvdb posters or fanarts. I can see that th tvdb scraping code is there. So wondering if the functionality was disabled recently?
ndeshmukh: I screwed up the last tv db. It was an incomplete one that i was testing things on. I had a complete one with tvdb posters but removed it mixing it up with the test one.

anyway I had to redo it. I did but the TVDB site is down so I couldn't get it scanned with tvdb data.

All the code to rebuild it is there. Just launch the TVDB scan from the television context item. it will run a search with manual search disabled. you can also manually rescan a single shows data by tvdb id with a context item on the show. You can also run a manual search on the show if it wasn't found or you want to change it.
aha... I am not surprised, that the tvdb site has gone down, with the icefilms library addon, everybody is scraping laods of stuff all around.
Planning to add the TVDB poster selection code to Free Cable?
Bluecop ever tried xbmcgui.dialog.browse, to show a selection of images and pick one? Planning to add that using google images addon to shows images to add poster and fanart where one cannot find with TVDB/TMDB. The functionality can be added in the context menu.
ndeshmukh: I am considering what I want to do. I like using XBMC built in scrappers when possible.

I wrote some code for amazon to do a similar function to IceLibrary or XBMC.MyLibrary.
It creates strm and nfo files for all of your Favorited shows and movies. It also adds a source for them. You have to set the content for the source and then you just run a library update. The nfo file can supply all the meta that has already been scraped from amazon so if doesn't have to be looked up and adding it to your library is very quick. It is easy to add a option to disable nfo if you want it all scanned from somewhere else. You can still rescan the show to overwrite the nfo data if you want.

I want to do something similar for hulu subscriptions and favorited free cable shows. It is really pretty simple. Hulu has a ton of metadata. I like dumping meta to nfo because it adds everything so quickly.

anyone like this idea? integrating content into the library should be the ultimate goal in my mind. I like idea of a singular source to look for media.
Bluecop,

On the face of it it looks all nice to have everything in library, but then those nfos are must, and yet, things keep going out of sync, and I would rather have the library as local sources only. Plus I don't know how XBMS might handle the load of thousands of things in its library. Plus schema changes do inveitable happen, or one has to clean library for varied reasons, and then one has to start from begining to ad so much data to library.

Keeping it contained with the addon, and its db sounds best to me. The scrapers can be re-engineered to provide service for addons as well (if they cannot be used already).

I don't think IceLibrary does nfo's at the moment, and so I haven't even thought about it. It is nigthmarish to think of the amount of scraping that has to be redone when the library needs to be cleaned and redone.

Plus you will have loads of duplicates in library with slightlty varying string names and stuff, and finding stuff from addons which have very small content will not be easy.

ndeshmukh
Not sure if this is an issue you can fix, but when you pause the stream then resume, it plays for 10-15 seconds, then skips backwards 30ish seconds and starts playing again.

Also, I keep having to remove the totalItems=totalItems from the addDir function? I keep having to manually remove it after each patch in order to get anything working.
ndeshmukh: It will always been contained in the add-on if you want it that way. I only adds my favorites and not everything prime offers. It creates 2 xbmc sources. one source for movies and one source for tv shows. You could remove either source and clean your library of all the amazon items easily.

I specifically want to reduce the amount of scanning by providing nfo files.

Why will there be so many duplicates? I am just talking favorited stuff for amazon. Hulu I just want my subscriptions added. Hulu also has expiration info available so we could use to auto clean expired stuff. I think it could be done nicely.

devicenull: Pausing doesn't work well with librtmp. the server will eventually drop the connection. It also doesn't sync the resumed data correctly and will cause video corruption. It usually recovers but will sometimes crash from the corrupt video data in my experience.

what versions of xbmc does the total items bug effect?
Do other plugins using it fail as well? like hulu?
Okay, I guess I did not understand clearly. I though you meant to add everything to the library.
First this is a great plugin. Thanks for all of your work. I searched briefly and don't think I saw any discussion of this issue. I was trying to watch an hd television show that's supposed to be a bit less than an hour long. I tried twice, and both times the stream quit after 10 or so minutes. with:

20:22:10 T:140552334997248 M:3064565760 ERROR: WriteN, RTMP send error 104 (5 bytes)
20:22:10 T:140552334997248 M:3064565760 ERROR: WriteN, RTMP send error 32 (42 bytes)
20:22:10 T:140552334997248 M:3064696832 ERROR: RTMP_ReadPacket, failed to read RTMP packet body. len: 78160

the full(er) log

Second, would it be possible to get a search like there is in the Hulu plugin? Thanks again.
search is a great idea. I will look into it

I am not sure why the stream is dropping. I know it is sensitive to bandwidth constraints which can cause it to drop. One would need debug log to debug it further. I have noticed several fixes being posted to the rtmpdump git. I don't know if these concern any stream drop problems. Maybe when they officially release 2.4 it will be more stable.

The good thing is you can skip directly back to where you were. Simply enter the time and press enter. You can also use directional keys to skip around.
I added some strm and nfo dumping so you can scan content into your library.

It will dump your favorites in either Movies or Television. You set where you want to put them in the settings. It can create sources for your addon settings directory and stores the files there. You have to restart xbmc for the sources to show. You can also define a custom directory that you have to add manually as a source. You have to set the content for the source yourself.

Context items on the movie and television listing initiates creating the files. It should only take a few seconds because it is from the database.