Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just wanted to thank you for this! Tried testing it on my PC running Ubuntu 11.10 but couldn't get it to work (wrong Java error), but just loaded it on my XBMC HTPC running 10.04 and it's working great Big Grin Bye bye Netflix Streaming!
does this plugin work on the apple tv 2?
I couldn't play my amazon videos. When I hit play on a video, it will ask me what video res I want, I will select a res and nothing happens. Any ideas?

I'm using win7 64-bit; using GIT 11/03 build w/ /librtmp 2.4 and enter password/login correctly.
josephn Wrote:I couldn't play my amazon videos. When I hit play on a video, it will ask me what video res I want, I will select a res and nothing happens. Any ideas?

I'm using win7 64-bit; using GIT 11/03 build w/ /librtmp 2.4 and enter password/login correctly.

Do you actually have a prime account?
Yes, I have a prime account and also purchased videos from Amazon. Both had the same issue. In addition, I also have the same issue w/ hulu and I have an account for that was well.

Ideas?
amazon changed some authorization stuff recently. I am looking into it.

Update: sorry my fault. I forgot i was working on better error handling and the password was blank.

* BlueCop smacks self
olevelo Wrote:Bluecop,
Awesome plugins! There is an issue with adding Favorites to the Library though. It seems that if there is an episode with a question mark (?) in the name, it's trying to write that filename, which is not allowed in Windows, so the script fails and nothing actually gets added (some of the strm and nfo files are created). I'm guessing invalid characters need to get stripped out before creating a filename. I was hoping to try to add a couple series to my Library like I did with your awesome Hulu plugin, but both series I tried (Cheers and The Wonder Years) have episodes with the same issue, so I'm at a standstill! Thanks!

thanks for the info. I am working on a fix for this.
I am having an issue with HD streams pausing frequently. Is this buffering?
no idea. I would say it is connection issues. You could lower the bitrate.

It can't really be addressed by me because once playback has started then it is no longer using plugin code.
No problem, thanks for the plugin.
BlueCop Wrote:amazon changed some authorization stuff recently. I am looking into it.

Update: sorry my fault. I forgot i was working on better error handling and the password was blank.

* josephn smacks self

Thanks for looking in to this. I really don't like amazon's interface and their unbox software is a joke. Your plug-in is a infinitely better.
how can I get the required plugin-ins? I installed the latest live stable version of xbmc on my htpc, but the method to compile it using ubuntu 10.10 doesn't seem to work for it.
what error are you getting?
I know it is because I don't have rtmpdump/librtmp 2.4+ installed. I tried what was on http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1816737 but that terminal doesn't seem to like the command even though git is installed.

I tried to compile it on my ubuntu vm and transfer it over, but that was all bad. Can i just pull rtmpdump from the nightly build somehow? I'm unfamiliar on how to install a nightly build on linux.
I found an article that seems to cover some of the topics. maybe it will help.

http://blog.homelinux.org/?p=510