Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Audio sync 720p 50fps
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

I have a 2010 mac mini and have been using it to play may dvd and bluray rips. It's been great and I love the software.

However, I've just purchased a Hauppauge HD PVR to "extract" my HD movies off the Sky+ HD box. I can get the footage off in either 1080i @ 25fps or 720p @ 50fps.

Now I understand that VDA decoder does not work with interlaced recordings in h.264 (which is what the HD PVR encodes in). I've tried the nightly builds of XBMC which at least allows plackback of the 1080i (rather than crashing XBMC) but it's too jerky.

So, I switched the Sky box to output 720p instead. Now this plays great, but the audio is all out of sync (ahead of the video, but seemingly by a random amount each time I play it) and it won't sort itself out if I use the settings in XBMC to delay the audio. If I re-encode the footage to 25fps with Handbrake, the audio is in sync. BUT I don't really want to have to do this to every program I pull of the Sky box as it takes AGES To re-enode.

Anybody have any suggestions that I could try? Or am I stuck with re-encoding? (VLC or similar plays the 720p @ 50fps footage perfectly and in sync).

Sk00v
Press o during playback, do you get any framedrops?
Hi, sorry for the late reply. I am on holiday and have limited Internet access at the moment!

I changed my Mac output refresh rate to 25hz as it was set to 24hz. I changed this as all my other TV series started going out of sync. I'm not sure what setting I messed up to make this happen as I've had it working fine at 24hz all this time - unless something changed in 10.1 as I upgraded to try and fix the original sync issue.Rolleyes

Now it is playing as if in slow-mo, then speeding up to something like double speed, at this point it drops frames. Then repeats the cycle.

The CPU hovers at around 30-50% usage.