Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Want good karma? Help a noob l2scrape!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
First off I will apologize as I am EXTREMELY new to any media server/center usage and you have to treat me like a total lamer dummy, likely because I am one.

I have xbmc on my brand new pc, windows 7 etc and an external 1.5 tb drive with all my media (movies, tv shows, anime) on it. I have added the sources for these folders, can browse and watch them just fine but i'm unable to scan content to make it look as beautiful as all you wonderful people have it setup. Ie looks like your browsing imdb or whatnot, mine just looks like I am browsing the folders of my hard drive.

After spending the afternoon reading up on the settings for "set content" then "scan for new content" no matter what boxes I tick I always get the error;
"could not download information- unable to connect to remote server, would you like to continue scanning?".

I'd like to know what I am doing wrong, a friend of mine uses Plex on his imac mini and he's the one who directed me to this program, and I'd murder a kitten (not a puppy, I'm no sicko!) to figure out how to make my xbmc add all the beautiful movie info like his does. Yes, I have envy, much envy.

I know I am supposed to add my log file here somewhere, though I don't see an attach option in these forums. I can cut and paste a text of it if that works.

Thanks for letting me eat up some of your precious spare time, you deserve a cookie. Now, can you help me? Do you need my logs?
Debug log needed :p

Hint: use pastebin.com or any other similar site.
You can use a site like http://pastebin.com/ to paste your logs, then just post the unique pastebin link here.
eep. hope this is the log you're looking for.

http://pastebin.com/BhwEJ84u
It's not related to the scrapers. Please check your network settings.
Oh, and please enable debug logging in system settings.
vdrfan Wrote:It's not related to the scrapers. Please check your network settings.
This doesnt help me. too vague. Well, it sorta does, but I'm not an avid networker, and never use these settings you speak of so what to check, or change eludes me.

I enabled debuggin. So I take it that was the wrong log that I posted?
vdrfan Wrote:Oh, and please enable debug logging in system settings.
Done, what should I do now? thanks kindly.

PS now I have some really ugly overlay on top of my XBMC, does this need to stay there?
dbl post
paioeshi Wrote:Done, what should I do now? thanks kindly.

PS now I have some really ugly overlay on top of my XBMC, does this need to stay there?

Post a log after you enabled debugging and then when you are finished with that, disable debugging in your settings and that overylay will go away Wink
edit, about to post new log.

same link as before

http://pastebin.com/BhwEJ84u

I have windows firewall allowing xbmc access.
is your windows firewall blocking internet access for xbmc perhaps?
ronie Wrote:is your windows firewall blocking internet access for xbmc perhaps?

I Dont think so

Control Panel>Security>Windows Firewall>Allow a program to communicate through windows firewall> xbmc both boxes ticked (home/work) and Public.

Sorry I'm being so descriptive.
ps, ronnie that avatar is CREEPY. /shudder
Just for grins, what happens if you disable your firewall?
Pages: 1 2 3