Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Wiki instructions updated for bot built nightlies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm not too clear what's going on here on the boards/stickies for instructing people on how to upgrade to the new bot-made nightlies, but I thought I would leave a note here that the XBMC Wiki has now been updated with instructions on how to do this.

wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Install_XBMC_on_ATV2#Installing_the_latest_nightly_build

wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Install_XBMC_on_iPhone/iPad#Installing_the_latest_nightly_build
great Smile
that's handy thanks !!

any time i try update to nightly, its seems putty or atv2 hangs....it says....preparing to replace org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2 10.0-9 and stays that way Sad
Ned Scott Wrote:I'm not too clear what's going on here on the boards/stickies for instructing people on how to upgrade to the new bot-made nightlies, but I thought I would leave a note here that the XBMC Wiki has now been updated with instructions on how to do this.

wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Install_XBMC_on_ATV2#Installing_the_latest_nightly_build

wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Install_XBMC_on_iPhone/iPad#Installing_the_latest_nightly_build

Thanks !! I was about to ask ...

since 0.0.9 I do not use nightlies because everything works fine for me (except 5.1 that becomes analog (so white noise) when coming back from sleep).
What's new in the current nightlies ?
As there are some changes going on, I am a little confuse about "how to get up to date information about nightlies". I am quite sure I am not in the best thead for this question. Wink
thanks
I wish i saw it yesterday, cause i tried many time, then I did like it.. after that it worked. but losted many time
Awesome Ned, thanks, that was documentation that needed to be updated. I don't know if it would help to add this github commits link to the wiki so that people will know where to look for changes when determining whether or not to upgrade to a nightly build:

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commits

But it might help answer the inevitable questions such as the one below....

ben33400 Wrote:Thanks !! I was about to ask ...

since 0.0.9 I do not use nightlies because everything works fine for me (except 5.1 that becomes analog (so white noise) when coming back from sleep).
What's new in the current nightlies ?
As there are some changes going on, I am a little confuse about "how to get up to date information about nightlies". I am quite sure I am not in the best thead for this question. Wink
Thanks Ned. Been looking for instructions on how to do this.

Kudos!

Take care.
great!!! thank you very much. sometimes the threads get confusing with so many variations or past information etc.. I always go back to wiki to see if things have been updated and when last modified.

Thanks again.
Making a big push to help bring the wiki up to speed and make it more accessible (both for reading and for editing). Hopefully we'll have some better integration between the forums and the wiki soon!

Feel free to contact me if you have any ideas or want to help!
Is it possible to update to nightly without using terminal?
My atv2 is crashing everytime and even installing UpdateBeGone didnt solve the problem. So i read updating to nightly might help me.
I JB with Snowbreeze for Windows and it came with NitoTV, wich i used to install XBMC 10.0-0.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks
Japex Wrote:Is it possible to update to nightly without using terminal?
My atv2 is crashing everytime and even installing UpdateBeGone didnt solve the problem. So i read updating to nightly might help me.
I JB with Snowbreeze for Windows and it came with NitoTV, wich i used to install XBMC 10.0-0.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

There is no GUI option for updating nightly builds at this time. NitoTV can be used to upgrade the Cydia copy, which is pretty much the same thing as a nightly, only not updated as often. It may be an option in the future, but right now it's not something to count on.

Grab yourself a copy of Putty, type in:

ssh root@IP_OF_ATV2

it will ask for a password which will be "alpine"

Then follow the three commands in the wiki. It's really not so bad :)
BobbyC Wrote:that's handy thanks !!

any time i try update to nightly, its seems putty or atv2 hangs....it says....preparing to replace org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2 10.0-9 and stays that way Sad

read this:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=867...stcount=46
Memphiz Wrote:read this:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=867...stcount=46

Has anyone been able to figure out why the "rm -rf" is hanging? I did a little digging into /Applications/XBMC.frappliance and noticed some odd file names in there. Specifically there are some backslashes that shouldn't be there... someone trying to escape the space between "Chinese" and "(Simple)", for example, probably put the backslashes in by accident.

Code:
Apple-TV:/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/XBMCData/XBMCHome/addons/metadata.albums.allmusic.com/resources/language root# ls -al | grep Chinese
drwxr-xr-x  2 root wheel 102 Aug 24 12:26 Chinese\ (Simple)/

Running a "find . * -print | xargs ls -l" in /Applications/XBMC.frappliance gives a bunch of errors, could be related to the "rm" issues but I'll leave the diagnosis to the experts.
jd2157 Wrote:Has anyone been able to figure out why the "rm -rf" is hanging? I did a little digging into /Applications/XBMC.frappliance and noticed some odd file names in there. Specifically there are some backslashes that shouldn't be there... someone trying to escape the space between "Chinese" and "(Simple)", for example, probably put the backslashes in by accident.

Code:
Apple-TV:/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/XBMCData/XBMCHome/addons/metadata.albums.allmusic.com/resources/language root# ls -al | grep Chinese
drwxr-xr-x  2 root wheel 102 Aug 24 12:26 Chinese\ (Simple)/

Running a "find . * -print | xargs ls -l" in /Applications/XBMC.frappliance gives a bunch of errors, could be related to the "rm" issues but I'll leave the diagnosis to the experts.

i think is something with the jb or with the filesystem... but no real clue...
Pages: 1 2