Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Need help with my remote and lirc after update to Natty
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, in this thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=872414
I have talked about some of my problems with my remote.

First of all: BEFORE the update, my lirc and lircrc was working as it should. I could set the HTPC to sleep and wake it up with my remote. (the only thing that didn't work was my lircrc after sleep)

Now, since the update to Natty, I had to do A LOT of things.

One user in that thread linked me to this:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=104541

Since I had a fully working LIRC before, I wanted LIRC to handle everything also in Natty.

1. Let the kernel pass the signal through to LIRC

I still got all my lirc-files and Keymaps for XBMC working, so I don't need to talk about all those files.

I now had problem to wake the the HTPC up after a sleep.

In this thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=8...post835642
I could follow a guide and as you can see at one of the pictures above I've addes some info to the rc.local

Now I could wake the HTPC up after a sleep. But, my remote wasn't working.

In this thread, http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Ubu...end_/_Wake
there is some info about what's causing this, and I did what it said.

The problem is, that it didn't work at all.
When I was looking around, I found an older version of that file, with an other solution for this problem:

I don't know what to do from here, and I hope that someone that KNOWS please can help me.

Should my "wake up" and "start xbmc from desktup" (lircrc) work better if I didn't used lirc at all?

Thanks.

/Söder
Bump
Did you find any solution to this ?

I've just setup two Natty machines and both work perfectly at first boot, but after sleep the remote dies.
No amount of restarting lirc etc. seems to help... only a reboot Sad

I also noticed that mceusb crashes if I try to rmmod it, which I guess is part of the problem ?
Swifty Wrote:Did you find any solution to this ?

I've just setup two Natty machines and both work perfectly at first boot, but after sleep the remote dies.
No amount of restarting lirc etc. seems to help... only a reboot Sad

I also noticed that mceusb crashes if I try to rmmod it, which I guess is part of the problem ?

I just put my HTPC to sleep with the remote last night, and this morning I could wake the HTPC up with the same remote, and the remote was working after.

I did some updates to upbuntu a couple of days ago, and I guess something has been done to the kernel or something that makes the remote work after sleep again.

/Söder
soder Wrote:I just put my HTPC to sleep with the remote last night, and this morning I could wake the HTPC up with the same remote, and the remote was working after.

I did some updates to upbuntu a couple of days ago, and I guess something has been done to the kernel or something that makes the remote work after sleep again.

/Söder

No. I was wrong. Only the first time the remote works. After I set the sleep yesterday, and just waked it up with the remote this morning, the remote now doesn't work.

/Söder
any updates on this? just installed ubuntu 11.10 and im stuck here, lirc wont work after resume, no threads point anywhere to a solution and most threads almost a year old Sad
Yeah, I have the same problem with Eden Beta3 and XBMCbuntu. Remote doesn't work after waking from suspend.
Same here. I noticed that the led indicator does not light up on the remote sensor when suspended. The usb ports must be powered down. It was working correctly prior to the upgrade.
JBarr Wrote:Same here. I noticed that the led indicator does not light up on the remote sensor when suspended. The usb ports must be powered down. It was working correctly prior to the upgrade.

What issue are you talking about? You cannot wake the machine from suspend, or lirc not working after suspend?

You can fix wake from usb by editing rc.local in /etc/

But fixing lirc to work after resume is a different story , hoping some linux genius will help but hopes are low!
dke1 Wrote:What issue are you talking about? You cannot wake the machine from suspend, or lirc not working after suspend?

You can fix wake from usb by editing rc.local in /etc/

But fixing lirc to work after resume is a different story , hoping some linux genius will help but hopes are low!

Cannot wake from suspend. After updaing, I did edit the rc.local file with the info I had used previously, but like I stated the red led that indicates that it is rcving ir does not even light now. Before the led would flash and the unit would resume. That is the reason I assume the usb ports are getting powered down with the suspend and cannot detect the ir.