Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kiosk Mode?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm running Dharma 10.1 stable on windows 7 x64. I tried using the "-k" option for kiosk mode but it doesn't work. Is kiosk mode implemented in 10.1 or is it a pre-Eden option?
XBMC Dharma 10.1 Kiosk mode works with some skins... Transparency! for sure.
PatK Wrote:XBMC Dharma 10.1 Kiosk mode works with some skins... Transparency! for sure.

I'm using the default confluence skin. Is it supported? I would think so. If so, what am I doing wrong?
mrfatboy Wrote:I'm using the default confluence skin. Is it supported? I would think so. If so, what am I doing wrong?
I switched to confluence looking for Kiosk mode... didn't find it.

In Transparency it's in User Settings>Skin Settings>Miscellaneous Options>Enable Kiosk mode [check]; it's just below Enable Touchscreen mode [check].
kiosk mode is something that is built into a skin, not xbmc itself, so you need to use a skin that supports that option. Don't believe confluence has it.
gabbott Wrote:kiosk mode is something that is built into a skin, not xbmc itself, so you need to use a skin that supports that option. Don't believe confluence has it.

OK. At least that makes sense. I hope they put it in natively in eden.

I guess the wife and kids will have to learn how to use xbmc correctly Wink
You can create some profile with a password