Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Has anyone tried the new AirPlay commit on the nightly 8.26
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Memphiz Wrote:
Code:
86.User-Agent: iTunes/4.6 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10.3)

Pulseaudio is emulating a ppc mac with osx10.3 itunes 4,6? WTF!!!! So maybe you should play some music on that mashine and it would come out on xbmc then (when you fixed the pipe:// compile problem of course).

But better deactivate that feature in you linux box by reversing this howto:

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/apples-airt...untulinux/

Haha that's just crazy, I will disable the Pulseaudio iTunes "feature" on the linux box Smile and thanks for the link, didn't even realise it does that Smile

But find it strange that even though nothing is playing on that box it will still connect and XBMC will happily start to stream nothing.

Are you thinking of adding a second option to selectively enable/disable AirTunes content like you can with AirPlay in options?

Thanks again for all the hard work adding such cool additions to XBMC, and taking the time to help me Smile
I don't have any control on AirTunes. If someone connects then XBMC will start streaming. I'm not able to detect if the stream is empty or not.

What option for selective enable/disable AirPlay content do you mean? Basically AirTunes is part of AirPlay on Apple products (so on ATV2 there is only one option - AirPlay - which means both). Same on XBMC here - AirPlay means "Video" and "Audio" (AirTunes)... - i just didn't get in both at the same time during development ...
Memphiz Wrote:I don't have any control on AirTunes. If someone connects then XBMC will start streaming. I'm not able to detect if the stream is empty or not.

What option for selective enable/disable AirPlay content do you mean? Basically AirTunes is part of AirPlay on Apple products (so on ATV2 there is only one option - AirPlay - which means both). Same on XBMC here - AirPlay means "Video" and "Audio" (AirTunes)...

That makes sense, since it is all part of AirPlay there isn't a need to give the option to choose a specific sub-function of it.

I will disable the Pulseaudio option on the other box so it won't be a problem any more... Thanks again.
Memphiz Wrote:That is correct - it is in when code is compiled and when the buildbot decides to build ios again Big Grin

Thank the gods that it's running again... it's really nice to be able to use Airplay from iTunes through XBMC without it crashing anymore. Nice work.
Just a quick question on this AirPlay implementation in xbmc. Short of a few issues here nd there (freezing, waiting screen without playing video) it seems to be running just fine and guessing will getbp better with time.
Now I did notice a little oddity wondering if someone can help. I'm using xbmc on Mac mini 10.7 and streaming from iPad. Yesterday when I tried air playing content from YouTube for the first time I basically saw just one device xbmc.localhost. This was on the build from 30 sept. today when I tried though I'm suddenly seeing two xbmc.localhost devices. One has a speaker icon on it, the other with the normal tv icon. I didn't have that speaker icon yesterday just one single listing.

Is something up with my system, or do each of these have a specific function?

Secondly, is AirPlay mirroring going to be built into xbmc or is that not something that can be implemented in xbmc?
nmirza Wrote:Is something up with my system, or do each of these have a specific function?

airtunes just dropped, so one is airplay, the other airtunes. Guess which is which.
Has anyone got it playing via itunes 1.4.1 on OS X 10.6? I can see the airplay target fine, but every time I select it, it reverts to local audio output... No mention of trying to play any audio in the XBMC logs.

When I play it from Android via DoubleTwist there is about a 10 second delay between selecting the song, XBMC locking up and then the song playing... It also has the same gap between the next song in the playlist (sometimes I need to manually press next song for it to trigger the next cache of a song)... Video playback caching is actually alot quicker.

Not sure if this log is of any use but I'm using the 02/10 build

http://pastebin.com/K14Zg2qZ
ProphetVX Wrote:Has anyone got it playing via itunes 1.4.1 on OS X 10.6? I can see the airplay target fine, but every time I select it, it reverts to local audio output... No mention of trying to play any audio in the XBMC logs.

When I play it from Android via DoubleTwist there is about a 10 second delay between selecting the song, XBMC locking up and then the song playing... It also has the same gap between the next song in the playlist (sometimes I need to manually press next song for it to trigger the next cache of a song)... Video playback caching is actually alot quicker.

Not sure if this log is of any use but I'm using the 02/10 build

http://pastebin.com/K14Zg2qZ

deactivate ipv6 on your macs network preferences. The delayed starttime is a known issue and has to do with caching...
airtunes works as expected, xbmc-20111002-f3d6247
iTunes 10.3.1 (55) on Lion
iTunes 10.3.1.55 on windows 7 32 bit
this is amazing, thank you guys
Memphiz Wrote:deactivate ipv6 on your macs network preferences. The delayed starttime is a known issue and has to do with caching...

Cheers, that ipv6 fix worked a charm. The caching issue is far less noticeable via iTunes. Via DoubleTwist on Android it's barely usable, but that is more likely that they also have a less than perfect implementation of the protocol.

Thanks for your fantastic work on this.
This is not quite working for me, but pretty close. I guess I will need to dig out error logs from my mini.

Anyway, I just updated XBMC to xbmc-20111002-f3d6247-master-atv2.deb.
Install went fine, from what I've tested so far.

On my mac-mini (where iTunes is) the XBMC is now showing in "airfoil" and works as expected :-)
"Airflick" is still not picking XBMC up at all.
In iTunes the XBMC instance is visible, but I cannot connect to it.
I tried disabling IP v6 in my network settings. When I rebooted (mac), none of the Air speakers were visible.

I have set to automatic and rebooted and it seems to be as first instance again. Streaming over airfoil is fine.
Have I missed a setting somewhere or am I just unfortunate?
jabba_29 Wrote:This is not quite working for me, but pretty close. I guess I will need to dig out error logs from my mini.

Anyway, I just updated XBMC to xbmc-20111002-f3d6247-master-atv2.deb.
Install went fine, from what I've tested so far.

On my mac-mini (where iTunes is) the XBMC is now showing in "airfoil" and works as expected :-)
"Airflick" is still not picking XBMC up at all.
In iTunes the XBMC instance is visible, but I cannot connect to it.
I tried disabling IP v6 in my network settings. When I rebooted (mac), none of the Air speakers were visible.

I have set to automatic and rebooted and it seems to be as first instance again. Streaming over airfoil is fine.
Have I missed a setting somewhere or am I just unfortunate?

I have exactly the same problem.
davilla Wrote:airtunes just dropped, so one is airplay, the other airtunes. Guess which is which.

sorry to be such a ludite, but i thought "airplay" basically was for video AND audio? so apparently its not. Just so i understand the function for this, if i want to stream just audio, say from ipod app on iphone or ipad, or from my macbook pro itunes to my xbmc on mac mini, i would use airtunes? And if i wanted to stream pictures, or say youtube or something video related i'd use the other airplay?
airplay is both in apples world. but the technics between audio and video are so different that i didn't get it in at once. So airplay first was only for video. Airtunes is internal name for audio (apple used this aswell at the very first beginning) ... now both is activated in xbmc by just enabling the airplay option. So for the user allways the right think should happen ... depending on what he wants to stream ...
I'm also having problems connecting to the xbmc's airplay service. Xbmc shows up in iTunes and in Airfoil but I can't connect to it. In Itunes no error messages are shown but in Airfoil I get the following message: http://pastebin.com/4kLcy6eL I don't know if it helps you guys at all but you never know. Thanks for the great work so far.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12