Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [atv2] MP3 Stuttering
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, I have had this problem since I installed xbmc on my atv2 a few weeks ago and am only now getting around to doing something about it.

Whenever I start playing music from Music > Albums it stutters horribly and stays that way unless I go back to the main menu screen. I have read up on the forums and thought it may have been due to the player issue listed here however after changing the settings to use the DVD Player the problem still persists. I have not seen this listed in the official issues thread here so thought it worth raising.

Any ideas if this is my system specific?

iOS: 4.3 (8F305)
aTV2: 4.2.2 (2203)
XBMC: Git:20110825-bb4f856[/COLOR] (Compiled 26th August 2011)
Media: Windows SMB over 802.11n
xbmc.log: http://pastebin.com/iKB2wsx8 (song starts at 12:38:15)

Thanks,
Jordan
JWindebank Wrote:Hi all, I have had this problem since I installed xbmc on my atv2 a few weeks ago and am only now getting around to doing something about it.

Whenever I start playing music from Music > Albums it stutters horribly and stays that way unless I go back to the main menu screen. I have read up on the forums and thought it may have been due to the player issue listed here however after changing the settings to use the DVD Player the problem still persists. I have not seen this listed in the official issues thread here so thought it worth raising.

Thanks,
Jordan

Your library isn't updating when you're trying to play music is it? That causes mine to stutter.

The only other thing I can think of is that it could be the wireless.
802.11n should be able to stream music without any problem, but I always had problems with the music pausing every few minutes (with 802.11n), which went away once I connected it with a cable.
JWindebank Wrote:Hi all, I have had this problem since I installed xbmc on my atv2 a few weeks ago and am only now getting around to doing something about it.

Thanks,
Jordan

It is a known issue, not sure since which build. Don't think 10-09 stable has this issue.
Thanks, I wonder if we can get this added to the known issues list. Keith?
its a known issue since i fixed the paplayer to not freeze... i'll add it to the known ones...
Thanks Memphiz. Smile