Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Trouble finding iMac to stream files..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have an iMac running 10.7.1 with a jailbroken Apple TV2 that has XBMC installed.

I have tried everything to get XBMC to find my iMac. I have file sharing running on the mac via SMB. Have my folders selected to share. But when I click on add source on the TV2, then click on Windows network (SMB) all i get is HOME, then when i click on that, I get BTHUB3 (thats my router), then when i click on that, nothing, 0 Files..

Anyone any ideas on what to check? Thanks..

TiM.
Browsing for server names can be erratic, and it's not unusual for servers not to show up when you open a workgroup. The most reliable way to add a source is to click the Browse button in the Add source dialog, then choose "Add network location" from the list (you may need to scroll down to see this option). Fill in the server name and share name, and the username and password in you need them, and when you click ON you'll see the server added to the list in the form:

smb://server/share

Select this source and click OK to get back to the Add source dialog.

JR
10.7 (Lion) SMB will not work with XBMC right now. They're working on it, but for the time being you must use one of the solutions detailed here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=106659