Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Lion + XBMC + Windows Home Server = Problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have just switched from PC to Mac and having problems with XBMC and my Windows Home Server where I store all my movies, music, tv-series etc. I have minimal knowledge of OSX and I do apologize if my questions are somewhat stupid Smile.

The problem is that XBMC is not stable at all and it freezes ever so often, I then have to force quit it. One weird problem is that I can't start a movie from "Movies", I have to go to "Videos", "Files", my movie folder and start it from there, otherwise it freezes? But if go to TV-Shows I have no problem starting the shows from there. File size problem?

Maybe I've done something seriously stupid and I guess I just want to know if anyone else use Lion + XBMC + Windows Home Server and can share there experience.

Thanks in advance!
Would be nice to know which version of xbmc you are running. Otherwise, I have no clue how to help.
davilla Wrote:Would be nice to know which version of xbmc you are running. Otherwise, I have no clue how to help.

Sorry about that, I'll try to give you some more info.

I run version 10.1 (the current stable one) from the download page. What I done when I installed XBMC was the following:

In Lion I could see my WHS Server and access the files from Finder as normal. So in XBMC I added a source, choose Windows network (SMB), browsed to my video folder on the server and set it to "contains movies". I did exactly the same for my TV-Shows with the difference that I set it to "contain tv-shows". When I then go to TV-shows and start an episode of whatever it plays just fine, but when I go to Movies and start an movie XBMC freezes and I have to force quit it. The weird thing is that if I go to Videos and start a movie from there everything works just as it should?

I have try changing skin, remove the only add-on I had installed (subtitles) and remove and re-add the source but with no luck.

Anyone knows what could cause this?
Okej, now I know what the problem is but not how to solve it. It appears I'm having problem playing movies in .rar-archives from "Movies". If I browse to the same unpacked movie via "Videos" instead it plays just fine?

So Movies --> Avatar (in rar-archive) won't play,
but Videos --> Avatar (in rar-archive) plays just fine?

Anyone got a clue what could be causing this annoying problem?