Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [ATV2] Possible dumb question about SMB shares
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I tested out XBMC on my desktop and had no problem accessing SMB shares from my NAS. After being satisfied with that, I went out and bought an ATV2 and installed XBMC.

The problem I'm having is I can no longer access my shares, because I can't find anywhere on the ATV version of XBMC to enter the user/password for them. Not in the settings menu, nor in the add videos menu. I simply click on my NAS and it says "Operation not permitted" without prompting me for credentials.

Can someone point out for me where I'm clearly missing something?
cfg9000 Wrote:I tested out XBMC on my desktop and had no problem accessing SMB shares from my NAS. After being satisfied with that, I went out and bought an ATV2 and installed XBMC.

The problem I'm having is I can no longer access my shares, because I can't find anywhere on the ATV version of XBMC to enter the user/password for them. Not in the settings menu, nor in the add videos menu. I simply click on my NAS and it says "Operation not permitted" without prompting me for credentials.

Can someone point out for me where I'm clearly missing something?

What version xbmc you running? Should prompt you for credentials. Are you selecting 'windows share (smb)' when browsing for your share?