Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: New Release: v0.8.7 beta1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Download v0.8.7-beta1 on Android Market 2011-08-28

Added: Watched videos are filtered if setting is enabled - Thanks Moby!
Added: Wizard for adding hosts.
Added: Actors now have thumbnails where available
Added: "Send text" function that allows using the Android keyboard (find it in the menu of the remote control) - Thanks cg6!
Added: "Shutdown" button to main menu (configurable) - Thanks Mo.Astra!
Fixed: Youtube support in Android should now be working again.
Fixed: Bug when downloading covers and screen was locked
Fixed: Installation on WiFi-only devices
Fixed: Bug in navigation
Fixed: Bug in episode thumbnail handling
Fixed: Bug in eventclient code

Release Notes:
Agreed, this isn't much for six months work, but with Honeycomb being more popular, the_alien is already working on support. Also the next bigger thing will be JSON-RPC support, which will hopefully result in a faster and smoother experience.

For those who didn't notice yet, we've moved to GitHub. The current origin can be found here.

Cheers,

-freezy.
Quote:Added: "Send text" function that allows using the Android keyboard (find it in the menu of the remote control) - Thanks cg6!

This is a milestone!
Thank you very much Big Grin

Und en Gruess us de Schwiiz Smile
Firstly, thanks for getting this installing and working natively in Honeycomb, much appreciated :-)

I had posted in here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=108193
with some feedback, but I've got some more data and so maybe here is more appropriate:

Devices tested, same symptoms on all:
Nexus One, Android 2.3.4, XBMC Remote 0.8.6-beta1 (no option to upgrade further)
ASUS Eee Pad Transformer, Android 3.2, XBMC Remote 0.87-beta1
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, Android 3.1, XBMC Remote 0.87-beta1

Works fine on:
MacMini, xbmc 10.1, PM3.HD skin

Following symptoms found on:
Win 7 PC, xbmc 10.1, Confluence skin

- will connect and I can launch movies, but I can't use the remote control once it's playing
- it also takes around 3-5s of playback to get audio, picture and the tablet screen all in sync. It usually starts audio immediately, possibly with a couple of jumps, then picture and tablet will come in together.
freezy Wrote:Also the next bigger thing will be JSON-RPC support, which will hopefully result in a faster and smoother experience.

Win!

Am I right in assuming that this will fix the fanart problem as well?
Can someone provide the apk, market doesn't finish install says install unsuccessful :-(

EDIT: nevermind found it.
freezy Wrote:Added: "Send text" function that allows using the Android keyboard (find it in the menu of the remote control) - Thanks cg6!

Thank you! Big Grin
oh my, keyboard input!!! you guys kick ASS!!
and i think you're wrong- this is wonderful for 6 months of pro bono work!
xbs08 Wrote:Can someone provide the apk, market doesn't finish install says install unsuccessful :-(

EDIT: nevermind found it.

http://code.google.com/p/android-xbmcrem...signed.apk
Have been using it.for while now. Works great. The only thing that when using my HTC Desire through ei-fi on local network i got full control. The only thing is when using it through my 3G or external network i can browse and start video/movies and even use the slider control in now playing. However all other functions won't work.
Did you forward the UDP port of the EventServer?
For some reaons youtube is not working for me (HTC Desire with LeeDroid, YouTube app updated to the latest).

After I choose the Share with XBMC option the HTPC displays briefly "Working", but then nothing happens...
I have this on my galaxy tab 10.01 and it looks fantastic. Question tho, Is there a way to change a tv show banner and the season poster on the remote? I have both seasons of FX's Louie, the first season has the right poster for the right Louie show and the other is an animation of a different show with the same title. Sometimes I think it also confuses American remakes from the original foreign shows, like UK's Shameless and skin for example. I have the right posters and banners on my xbmc but it's totally different on the remote. What am I doing wrong?