Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC won't export .tbn and fanart
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I've been stuck with this for literally weeks on end and I simply cannot solve it!

To start, I have a 2TB hard drive connected to the Asus N56U router. There's a folder on the hard drive called Movies, in which each movie then has it's own folder in which it resides.

I successfully added the source on XBMC on my laptop, and it scraped most of the movies ok - after a few painful hours I managed to fix up the loose ends and get it all set up how I wanted to. Then however, I tried to export the library I had created to separate files - ie. the actors, tbn, nfo and fanart for each movie were to go into each movies respective folder.

It's here that a funny thing happens - when I tell it to export to separate files, I can see it create the nfo, then the tbn, then the fanart. Then it creates the actors hidden folder, at what point the tbn and fanart files dissappear. Furthemore, the actors folder remains empty... and then it moves onto the next movie!

Honestly stumped as to why it would be doing this... I'm running the most recent stable version. Even weirder, is that when I export to a single file, all the tbn and fanart is there - given theres over 1000 movies though I don't really want to manually go and put them in each separate folder

Has anyone experienced this before, or have any work around methods I could use? All I want is to get the actors, nfo, tbn and fanart into each movies folder and it's literally at the stage where I'm pulling my hair out!
Ember Media Manager Revisited does all of that, my movies folder layout is the same as yours and i use Ember. grab it from the supplemental section.
PhilYHC Wrote:Ember Media Manager Revisited does all of that, my movies folder layout is the same as yours and i use Ember. grab it from the supplemental section.

Wow, at first I thought 'here we ago, another media manager' - Media Companion just did not work for me at all - but it is INCREDIBLE! Great GUI and seems to be doing a great job so far! Pity I have to rescrape them all again but it seems to be a means to an end!

One last thing, is there anyway I can export the actors into the folders too, like XBMC does? Or is there really any point?
i'm not sure to be honest, its maybe better to ask on the EMM thread...

i know i have never bothered with scraping actors etc but XBMC has an a list of them in the movie category view...