Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Time hax expired
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!

i have a little NAS server and i have a HTPC. On my HTPC there is XBMC live version (10.1). I connecting to NAS with SMB and sometime (very rare) give "Time has expired" message when i try browse my NAS. When this happend i delete samba share and add again (or restart my HTPC) and work everithing fine.

Any idea?

Best regards
szombatha
Could be the hard drive waking up from sleep. It takes time for the HDD to spin up and become readable. I have the same behavior with my NAS (Synology DS211j). I have the drives go to sleep after an hour of non-use. When the drives are asleep, they're effectively unreadable, so the spindle has to spin up and get to speed before any operations can take place. This is usually longer than the XBMC timeout for network shares. Once the drive's up and running, I can browse to it and stream from it without issue.

You probably don't have to delete and then recreate the source, just try browsing to it again to see if you can get to the directory listing.
pumkinut Wrote:You probably don't have to delete and then recreate the source, just try browsing to it again to see if you can get to the directory listing.

thx your answer but of course i tried browse again and again many times but in vain. Only help recreate source (or restart XBMC) Huh