Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Live][Linux]AMD FM1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, i'm soon going to buy some new parts for my htpc and was wondering if anyone have had the time to test AMD's new motherboards and processors with the built in graphics in XBMCLive? The FM1 socket.

If so, did you get the hardware acceleration to work with the built in graphics?
Was it easy or did you loose all your hair in the process?=)
And how does it perform? 1080p 24hz?

And finally i noticed that xbmcfreak released a new version yesterday that is supposed to have support for VAAPI, anyone tried that yet?

Here is a link http://www.xbmcfreak.nl/en/experimental-...n-drivers/

So, please let me know how it goes. Thank you
I know this thread is really old, but Iam at the same point as the thread-opener and couldnt find any information if the current xbmc-live-cd works with the amd a-series. Has anyone any information on that? I suppose it wont work, as the live-cd is older than the a-series, isnt it?

If the a-series will work with the upcoming release of xbmc(-live), is there any estimation when the release will be available?

Thank you very much in advance.
It will be suported in the next release of xbmc. Lot's of work has been done. Alose check out openelec, there you will find an up to date fusion build.
Thank you for your answer. openelec was a very good advice. This works right from the start with my asus E45M1-Pro (AMD E-450 with HD 6320). I always have a "AMD: Unsupported hardware"-logo in the lower right corner and it crashed after I tried around a bit, but it works smooth and fast.

Again, thank you for this advice.
No problem.

Openelec also have alot of test builds you might want to try out. Latest ones also includes xvba support, wich is good for us ati users.

Also check the openelec forum, i think i've seen your "unsupported hardware" problem there too. Not sure if there was any solution, but check it out.
Yes, there is a thread. I didnt find the fusion-subforum before you mentioned there is one :o

I installed the latest beta and the "unsupported hardware"-logo is gone. And it feels like it is still a bit faster. Iam very, very happy with that solution now.

Now I will investigate in the playback of blurays from an internal bd-drive and maybe playback of files from my topfield SRP-2401 sat-receiver via ftp. Thanks a lot.
Nice to hear you like it=)

You could try makemkv add-on for blu-ray playback, but i don't know it that will work. It might be a bit tricky to get in running, and if you didn't know openelec is a read-only distro, wich means it's not possible to add drivers/programs as you please.