Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Please help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Don't know if i should mention my problem here, so apologize if i'm wrong.
Recently some atv2 users reported a massive slowdown on scrolling through their library, in that case coverflow view. I've changed the code for cirrus extended v2 latest update 2.05 (nightly compatible) with following structure and the slowdown was visible (as said only on atv2)

PHP Code:
<control type="image">
                        <
posx>2</posx>
                        <
posy>20</posy>
                        <
width>110</width>
                        <
height>160</height>
                        <
aspectratio>stretch</aspectratio>
                        <
fadetime>IconCrossfadeTime</fadetime>
                        <
texture background="true">$INFO[ListItem.Icon]</texture>
                        <
bordertexture border="8">ThumbBorder.png</bordertexture>
                        <
bordersize>8</bordersize>
                </
control

to see if it's the change i've made, i reverted back to previous version:

PHP Code:
<texture>$INFO[ListItem.Icon]</texture

and the atv2 user reported now it's flowing like a charm.

If i set the background true, has to be one in bordertexture too?

PHP Code:
<texture background="true">$INFO[ListItem(-4).Icon]</texture>
                        <
bordertexture background="true" border="8">ThumbBorder.png</bordertexture>
                        <
bordersize>8</bordersize

which is the right way to go?

PHP Code:
<texture background="true">$INFO[ListItem.Icon]</texture

or

PHP Code:
<texture>$INFO[ListItem.Icon]</texture

or both ?

Thanx in advance.
I have also some problems with background="true" but not the same... while developing my skin on Mac OS X I don't use a xbt and I had to add background="true" to several textures to have smooth animations... if using xbt, background="true" seems to get ignored and those animations are choppy again. On Windows background="true" isn't necessary, it's perfectly smooth with xbt and without background set to true. Sadly there are some other problems on Windows which don't exist on OS X.
`Black Wrote:I have also some problems with background="true" but not the same... while developing my skin on Mac OS X I don't use a xbt and I had to add background="true" to several textures to have smooth animations... if using xbt, background="true" seems to get ignored and those animations are choppy again. On Windows background="true" isn't necessary, it's perfectly smooth with xbt and without background set to true. Sadly there are some other problems on Windows which don't exist on OS X.

Hi Black, thanx for your reply ...

i don't use xbt, the hole media folder is uncompressed.

The strange thing, in my case the opposite is happening, if i remove the background "true" the scrolling on atv2 seems smooth. I can't test it as i'm on windows, but due some reports of atv2 users this is happening.

So i may try to release an atv2 version, remove all the "true" conditions and see what happens.

Thanx again mate, as usual very helpful infos.

Cheers
Guys

maybe this strange behavior should be reported on trac in order to have fixed, rather than using a workarounds?

Last time I checked, ATV 2 was speedy with compressed and uncompressed textures and I'm using the same code as you posted butchabay.

This is with latest official/major nightly build. If something has changed recently, it should be reported so davilla and guys can get it solved.
pecinko Wrote:Guys

maybe this strange behavior should be reported on trac in order to have fixed, rather than using a workarounds?

Last time I checked, ATV 2 was speedy with compressed and uncompressed textures and I'm using the same code as you posted butchabay.

This is with latest official/major nightly build. If something has changed recently, it should be reported so davilla and guys can get it solved.

As said, i can't test it as i don't have atv2, i can just pick up what has been reported from atv2 users. If you say you've used the same code ( background"true") then the problem might be somewhere else. Just wanna be sure i'm doing everything right before report on trac and for sure atv2 testers should try the latest nightly build.

Thank you too for replying.

cheers
butchabay Wrote:If you say you've used the same code ( background"true") then the problem might be somewhere else. Just wanna be sure i'm doing everything right before report on trac and for sure atv2 testers should try the latest nightly build.

Take a look at Quartz code.

I will probably find some time to quick-test your skin later today against official/major nightly on my ATV2, if you would find it helpful? Just tell me what to install and what to try out.
pecinko Wrote:Take a look at Quartz code.

I will probably find some time to quick-test your skin later today against official/major nightly on my ATV2, if you would find it helpful? Just tell me what to install and what to try out.

Thanx i'm going to take a look ...
If you find time would be great. Just install cirrus extended v2 (2.05) see my signature. Download the pre-eden version. It's a rar file of 195 MB ( i know Smile ) the repo version isn't ready yet, so you'll need a manual install. (unzip)

In skin settings you'll see view options to enable the views for movie library. Just enable them all and make a quick scrolling through your libary and report if it's fluid or not. That's all. Thanx for your help.
butchabay Wrote:Thanx i'm going to take a look ...
If you find time would be great. Just install cirrus extended v2 (2.05) see my signature. Download the pre-eden version. It's a rar file of 195 MB ( i know Smile ) the repo version isn't ready yet, so you'll need a manual install. (unzip)

In skin settings you'll see view options to enable the views for movie library. Just enable them all and make a quick scrolling through your libary and report if it's fluid or not. That's all. Thanx for your help.

Ok, I do not experience slowdowns on my ATV2, other than those imposed by platform itself, of course. My aprox estimate is that the skin is 8% slower than Confluence. Only possible problem is that fanart view is a bit slower.

Couple of things that you might consider, IMHO, are

- using zip instead of rar so that you can choose install from zip in xbmc
- check texture file names, there seams to be commas (,) there
- I had to force install because of "dependencies not met" thing

I hope I helped a bit. Cheers.
pecinko Wrote:Ok, I do not experience slowdowns on my ATV2, other than those imposed by platform itself, of course. My aprox estimate is that the skin is 8% slower than Confluence. Only possible problem is that fanart view is a bit slower.

Couple of things that you might consider, IMHO, are

- using zip instead of rar so that you can choose install from zip in xbmc
- check texture file names, there seams to be commas (,) there
- I had to force install because of "dependencies not met" thing

I hope I helped a bit. Cheers.

Big thanx for testing out, so no real drastical slowdown and that's the most important fact for me.

About possible things to consider:

- zip instead of rar (ofcourse, there was just a longer delay to put 2.05 on the xbmcnerds repo as awaited
- the commas i've found are games studio logos (so i'm going to rename or remove them)
- dependecies not met have to be on addons.xml am i right ? going to check that part

again, thank you and keep up your great quartz project.
butchabay Wrote:- dependecies not met have to be on addons.xml am i right ? going to check that part

again, thank you and keep up your great quartz project.

Thanks.

And yup, it's in addon.xml. It looks like dependencies for Dharma version found their way to pre-Eden somehow.
Are you using preloading as well?
Hitcher Wrote:Are you using preloading as well?

Hi Hitcher,
yes in fanart views i'm using:

PHP Code:
<preloaditems>3</preloaditems
Max value for preloaditems is 2 but I don't think that could be the problem.
`Black Wrote:Max value for preloaditems is 2 but I don't think that could be the problem.

Ok, thanx ... i'll keep in mind
background="true" cause loading textures in background thread(s) and this should be used exclusively with big textures resolutions (f.e. backdrops/fanarts) and shouldn't be abused too much (launching too many background workers will have negative effect on overall performance).

So general guideline is to have as little background loaded textures as possible and use it exclusively for fanarts/backdrops.

--edit:
scratch above - this is not accurate info!

We propably should have some smart mechanism of detecting if texture should be loaded in background or not and handle multiple textures load smarter but we're seriously lacking work hours to get some changes done Sad

--edit
<preloaditems> will automaticly cap to 2 if bigger value was provided so this is not an issue
Pages: 1 2 3