Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: WOL and XBMC startup script
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The android app was already brilliant. Now that I've noticed the WOL capability it's even more awesome Big Grin

One question though: Is it possible to create a script in windows (W7 x64) that runs when the computer resumes from standby and which can detect whether it was due to a WOL event? (perhaps W7 modifies a registry value somewhere?)

This will allow me to automatically start the computer, run XBMC and have it open on the secondary monitor simply by using the android remote. But this has to happen only if WOL was used to wake up the computer, specifically using a packet from the remote app.
That would definitely be helpful...wish I knew enough programming to make it work.

In the same vein, is there anyway to get a remote button that would regain focus for XBMC? I occasionally run into issues where something (notification window or something) steals focus from XBMC and minimizes it, and right now I have to plug in a mouse to fix. Very annoying.
There's a tool I use called Actual Window Manager which allows XBMC to stay in focus on a specific monitor even when other apps go to fullscreen mode!
Someone already wrote a small Windows Tool that listens to the WOL packet. Search the forum Smile
Thanks for the heads up. I looked before posting but did not find it.

This looks like it.

It should do exactly what I need. Thanks again Big Grin