Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Broadcast Streaming?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This may be a dumb question. Is it possible to use XBMC to do Broadcast Streaming directly to a Receiver? I have an Onkyo TX-NR709 with Networking and DLNA. I have used it to stream audio from XBMC but the receiver has a terrible slow user interface. I would much rather use the interface of XBMC and send the stream to the Reciever. I think that is called broadcasting. I have tried using the Addon MultiroomAudio but I have not been able to get it to work and have no idea if this is even possible. Thank You..Any Help would be greatly appreciated.
Very possible. What you would need to do is use some 3rd party program to video capture your screen output and then stream it via DLNA.
Thank you for the reply Ned but I only want to stream audio and be able touse XBMC as the control of what is played.. Any idea how I can do that?
slipbuck Wrote:Thank you for the reply Ned but I only want to stream audio and be able touse XBMC as the control of what is played.. Any idea how I can do that?

Are you trying to control it at the receiver, or just from your computer, but while still playing it from the receiver?
From my computer, but while still playing it from the receiver.
Ned Scott Wrote:Are you trying to control it at the receiver, or just from your computer, but while still playing it from the receiver?

From my computer, but while still playing it from the receiver.