Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [ATV2] Library update scans /var/mobile/
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Each time I update my media library this comes up in the log:
Code:
23:03:02 T:179269632  NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Starting scan ..
23:03:02 T:179269632   DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Scanning dir '/var/mobile/' as not in the database
It is then followed by a recursive scan of the folder (including the xbmc folders).

This takes forever, adds movies I don't have and sometimes even causes xbmc to crash.

The only file I have edited is sources.xml:

Code:
<sources>
    <programs>
        <default pathversion="1"></default>
    </programs>
    <video>
        <default pathversion="1"></default>
        <source>
            <name>Movies</name>
            <path pathversion="1">smb://10.0.1.200/movies/</path>
        </source>
        <source>
            <name>TV Shows</name>
            <path pathversion="1">smb://10.0.1.200/tv/</path>
        </source>
    </video>
</sources>

I'm currently running xbmc-20110903-c1d2bb6-master-atv2.deb, but I had the same problem before using an older build (from June).
Very odd. Try throwing up a whole copy of xbmc.log on pastebin and linking it back to us and maybe someone can see why XBMC is peaking in places it shouldn't.
Aside from general SMB issues that there seem to be in places,
when I was using SMB I had the port number included: have you tried that?

Are you sure that the IP address is correct and how did you set up the shares in the first place? Did you create using "add source" or just edit the file directly?
Ned Scott Wrote:Very odd. Try throwing up a whole copy of xbmc.log on pastebin and linking it back to us and maybe someone can see why XBMC is peaking in places it shouldn't.

Here's the log: http://pastebin.com/5s4D5CYb
As far as I can see there's nothing weird going on before the scanning starts.

jabba_29 Wrote:Aside from general SMB issues that there seem to be in places,
when I was using SMB I had the port number included: have you tried that?

Are you sure that the IP address is correct and how did you set up the shares in the first place? Did you create using "add source" or just edit the file directly?

I don't think the issue is with the smb share itself. I have no problems accessing the content in the shares.

I think I used both methods. Setup the first share using the GUI and then copying it in editing the file via ssh.
Have you tried removing the Programs entry that does not have a path. That might be providing the link to the user mobile's home directory.
g-off Wrote:Have you tried removing the Programs entry that does not have a path. That might be providing the link to the user mobile's home directory.

I tried your suggestion and unfortunately it didn't help.
I'll try restoring my atv2 and reinstalling xbmc sometime later tonight.
The restore and reinstall seems to have solved the problem.
Incredibly annoying, especially with the new library-only-mode in xbmc.
You probably could have just nuked your XBMC userdata folder and saved some time, but at least this way you know for sure you are back to 100% working order.

Quote:Incredibly annoying, especially with the new library-only-mode in xbmc.

That's not how it works. They're just merged so that you can have metadata show in file "mode" if you want. Instead of being modes they're just views. Library view and file view. You don't even have to scrape media and add them to the Library if you don't want to. You can also force the videos button to default to the file view in XBMC's Settings. The two modes/views can be just as separate as before if you choose. There has literally been no loss of functionality from the previous method, other than losing the ability to select a default folder for file mode/view.
Ned Scott Wrote:You probably could have just nuked your XBMC userdata folder and saved some time, but at least this way you know for sure you are back to 100% working order.

That's not how it works. They're just merged so that you can have metadata show in file "mode" if you want. Instead of being modes they're just views. Library view and file view. You don't even have to scrape media and add them to the Library if you don't want to. You can also force the videos button to default to the file view in XBMC's Settings. The two modes/views can be just as separate as before if you choose. There has literally been no loss of functionality from the previous method, other than losing the ability to select a default folder for file mode/view.

I wasn't referring to the recent library change in XMBC. I actually enjoy the library.
The annoying part was that the scraper wasn't not working so I couldn't use it Smile
exstac Wrote:I wasn't referring to the recent library change in XBMC. I actually enjoy the library.
The annoying part was that the scraper wasn't not working so I couldn't use it Smile

Aah, my bad!