Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Rss Feeds corrupted ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well i just tryed adding a RSS feed from my local journal to XBMC, now i'm getting this error when trying to edit feeds:

Error: Rssfeeds.xml
Rssfeeds.xml was either not found in the system, or does not contain parsable XML. Try deleting the file from data folder and restarting XBMC

So i tryed deleting this file:
C:\Program Files\XBMC\userdata\Rssfeeds.xml

but i keep getting the same error !!!

here was my file:
Quote:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<rssfeeds>
<!-- RSS feeds. To have multiple feeds, just add a feed to the set. You can also have multiple sets. !-->
<!-- To use different sets in your skin, each must be called from skin with a unique id. !-->
<set id="1">
<feed updateinterval="30">http://www.cyberpresse.ca/rss/179.xml</feed>
</set>
</rssfeeds>

i dont understand what went wrong.... its a valid RSS feed...
See if you have anything in your %appdata%\xbmc\userdata\rssfeeds.xml file. This is probably the one you want to delete rather than the system rssfeeds.xml file.
rocketpants Wrote:See if you have anything in your %appdata%\xbmc\userdata\rssfeeds.xml file. This is probably the one you want to delete rather than the system rssfeeds.xml file.

A quick way to find the file is to press Windows-R and in the Run dialog type:

"%appdata%\xbmc\userdata"

(including the quotes). Click OK and an Explorer window should open showing various files including RssFeeds.xml.

JR
thanks, it fixed the problem