Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Map a key to the favorites menu?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What or how is the easiest way to map a keyboard key to open up the favorites menu? Once that is done I want to map that key to the "FAV" button on my remote which I know how to do Smile
I sort of have it working but not that way it should be. I placed the following code in a "keyboard.xml" file and placed it in the following directory. This DOES NOT work.

C:\Users\"computername"\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\keymaps

However, I edit the keyboard.xml file in the system directly (Which you are not supposed to do) it works.

From everything I have read by placing the modified keyboard.xml file in
C:\Users\"computername"\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\keymaps

should override or modify the systemp keyboard.xml file. But its not. Any ideas?

BTW, I don't see anywhere that xbmc is using a CTRL+L in the system keyboard.xml so I would think the user/keyboard.xml is not overwriting my CTRL+L

<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<l mod="ctrl">ActivateWindow(Favourites)</l>
</keyboard>
</global>
</keymap>
Finally got it to work. It seems my new keyboard.xml was not created/named properly and xbmc was not reading it.
Note that it's not:

C:\Users\<computername>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\keymaps

it's:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\keymaps

An easy and reliable way to get at this directory is to press Windows-R and in the Run dialog type:

"%appdata%\xbmc\userdata"

(including the quotes) and click OK. This will open an Explorer window showing your XBMC data.

JR