Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [ATV2] What's the best stable version to use?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am currently using XBMC 11.0 pre Jun 23, 2011 with the Alaska Revisited and Confluence skin, and so far everything seems to be working well.

I am wondering what xbmc version others are using and having a lot of fun with that's stable and has cool airplay features.

I am on the latest iOS 4.3 btw.

Was curious about the airplay features that some of you are speaking of. Does it work well with iPhone and iPads? Would love to be able to use airplay enabled apps from those devices with XBMC.
It's all very new code so "stable" doesn't really apply... i.e. don't expect anything bulletproof. That being said, most have good things to say re: the latest nightly builds (Sept 5 and newer)... myself included. I'd recommend getting the latest nightly... and if/when you have a problem update it to the latest nightly at the time. Airplay seems to be working fine from iPhone/iPad to ATV2... YMMV.

Check the FAQ in the stickies... the nightly install is covered there.
turbinez Wrote:I am currently using XBMC 11.0 pre Jun 23, 2011 with the Alaska Revisited and Confluence skin, and so far everything seems to be working well.

I am wondering what xbmc version others are using and having a lot of fun with that's stable and has cool airplay features.

I am on the latest iOS 4.3 btw.

Was curious about the airplay features that some of you are speaking of. Does it work well with iPhone and iPads? Would love to be able to use airplay enabled apps from those devices with XBMC.

Any of the september nightlies have been extremely good and fix a lot of annoying issues with the june official, such as media scraping errors. Memphiz has done a good job with implementing airplay and I use it daily without issues. AFAIK music isn't working with airplay and xbmc, but videos do.