Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: EEEBox 1501P XBMC-Live spdif audio, mix analog and digital.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi.

I've been trying to get the audio to work the way I want it to work for a while now. And Im almost there, just need a little helpSmile

Setup:
EEEBox 1501P With xbmc-live installed
video direct to TV via HDMI
audio direct to receiver via SPDIF (optical)

XBMC-settings:
Audio out: Default
Audio out for passtrough: Custom: alsa:mixed-digital (see asound.conf file below).

What I want and what works.:
Navigation sound in XBMC through mixer so it will work with shairport, which also should output audio through a mixer (default) - This works.
Play movies with analog sound - This works.
Play movies with digital sound - This works, but after I stop the movie no analog audio works anymore.

I would like that if XBMC output a digital stream to the card/device/pcm/whatever, it should hijack the card, so only the digital sound is send to the receiver. And when I stop the movie, shall XBMC un-hijack the card, So analog audio works again.

I found a asound.conf file that almost did what I wanted.
You can find it here: http://pastebin.com/MkSBWYL0.

I've tried to change to slave.pcm "dmix-digital" in pcm.!default, and that 'worked'. If I didn't disconnect from shairport while playing a movie with digital audio, I got a lot of noise.

So, is there a way to use dmix-analog as default pcm, and when XBMC starts to use dmix-digital or only digital, it should only output that. And then let dmix-analog send audio again when XBMC stops sending the digital stream.
Hi Origon,

I have got the same hardware and get some troubles to have a stable and working sound export.

First of all, I stop trying to get navigation sound on the TV and choose to export digital and analogic sound to receiver via SPDIF. My asound.conf file is very short, I try several high level configuration files with catastrophic results ...

I will add my config soon to complete this post.
Hey origon, I have the same setup w/ my zbox xbmc live box. All mixing is working great however if I attempt to play a movie w/ Digital audio while shairport is accepting streaming analog audio xbmc is unable to open the audio device. Further, once I stop the shairport analog stream it takes about 5-10 seconds of wait time before xbmc can access the audio device when launching a movie.

Does anyone know if what origon has proposed is possible?