Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to change to a different "info" screen?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all.

I'm a total noob when it comes to skin development but I'm very tenacious

I'm using the Darma 10.1 stable Confluence skin [win7x64] I would like to change the info screen (pressing 'i') during playback of a movie to a different info screen. The info screen that I actually want is the one when you press "i" on the movie thumbnail. This more detailed info screen has the Cast info on it and I actually like to see who's who during the movie.

I thought I could actually just remap some keys using the keyboard.xml file in userdata but everything points to "info". Somewhere there must be the actual INFO code that determines what to display depending on the context.

Can anybody point me in the right direction on how to do this?
It's not that easy because the info during playback is a different dialog than the one if pressing "i" in the video library.

The one you want is DialogVideoInfo.xml... you need to copy the code to DialogFullscreenInfo.xml but keep in mind that all infolabels are different, it's mostly VideoPlayer instead of ListItem, cast info is only available via VideoPlayer.Cast I think and buttons for cast, get thumb, fanart and refresh won't work. So you need to edit the code a little bit to have it working properly.
yes, it doesn't look like a quick and easy change. I was just snooping around the code and found the DialogVideoInfo and DialogFullscreenInfo files.

I duplicated the DialogVideoInfo file and renamed it DialogFullscreenInfo just to see what I could get.

It sort of worked. It brought up the screen and the controls worked but all the info and thumbnails were empty. So much for the quick fix Smile

I guess it will be too involved to make the mods.

thanks for responding tho Smile
This is what I did for XeeBo but, as black said, you can't get all the info and you can't navigate the cast list or return actor thumbs.

Movie info -

Movie info cast list -

Now playing info -

Now playing info cast list -

Is there a way to trick XBMC into showing the bigger "info" screen (with cast) by modifying the keyboard.xml file to use a macro when pressing 'I' during a movies playback?

If you play a movie you can press "tab" then "I" which gets you the desired screen. Then you just need to press "I" then "tab" to get back to the movie. It's a hack, but it works. The macro would have to be set to "I".

I guess I could use my Remote control software (Remote keymap/Eventghost) to do the macro but can it be down in XBMC?