Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Problems updating library
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all.

I'm using the latest nightly and getting loads of problems.
I reinstalled windows 7 together with the latest nightly and wanted to start creating my database for music and video.

When I added my sources and wanted to populate the db through update library or scan for new content he start to scrape my movies or tv shows fine but after a few mins the progress bar just hangs.

When I look into the log file I see the following entries :

http://pastebin.com/DN8sjXFN

I'm using everything on DEFAULT, so confluence skin, no addons installed, no special settings done.

My sources are SMB shares. What I find intresting is that when I choose Windows Network (SMB) I can't see my other computers on the network sometimes, when I then go to "connect to network location" and I enter any server on my network he sees the shares just fine. Also in windows networking and shares work fine.

I use themoviedb and tvdb as scrapers. Internet works fine, using an RJ45 connected to gigabit nic, so no wifi ...

I don't understand these entries in the log files, can someone help me out here ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Auri
Can you try mapping your smb shares as network drives? See if that helps.
DJVege Wrote:Can you try mapping your smb shares as network drives? See if that helps.

In windows you mean right ? and then browse to the drive letters that are mapped to use as sources in my library ?

THats actually a good idea, why didn't I think of this Wink
Thanks I'll try it later tonight at home.

Regards
Auri
Yeah, that's correct.

I remember reading on the forums that there are issues with straight smb shares (I think). i.e. \\SHARE\blah

I've had no issues since mapping network drives.
Auri Wrote:In windows you mean right ? and then browse to the drive letters that are mapped to use as sources in my library ?

THats actually a good idea, why didn't I think of this Wink
Thanks I'll try it later tonight at home.

Regards
Auri

Have that problem to sometimes that xbmc can't find the smb:// server but usually let it run for sometime or a restart and it is fix. Mapping drives works fine unless you want to switch to an sql server for the library.
Machine-Sanctum Wrote:Have that problem to sometimes that xbmc can't find the smb:// server but usually let it run for sometime or a restart and it is fix. Mapping drives works fine unless you want to switch to an sql server for the library.

still the same problems, even when I map the network drives to a drive letter in windows.

I guess it's back to Dharma for me for now, until this is fixed
Auri Wrote:still the same problems, even when I map the network drives to a drive letter in windows.

I guess it's back to Dharma for me for now, until this is fixed

Once they are added as a source i don't have any problem updating. I always run the latest nightlies and all my pc's are Win7 x64 and wired with 1000mbit network.
I do have them in the same usergroup.