Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Allmusic scraper ignores artist when searching
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
all music scraper ignores the artist while searching for music, this problem is notable more while scraping for albums with common names like "Love Songs", for example I tried to scrap info for "Yanni's" "Love songs" album it doesn't find it but it finds other albums called love songs (see the debug log), but when I go to the site, it's there http://www.allmusic.com/album/love-songs-r401665

this is just an example, it happens with nearly every common named album like Westlife's "Gravity" and lots of other albums, so is it a problem in the scraper or the API or what, and how to solve this

Debug Log HERE
Hello.... anybody.....Please Huh?
Hello.

i'm having the same issue. I'm searching for the album "Music" from "Madonna".
I think the problem is that the list returned by allmusic contains only 50 items.

here's my debug log

It would be great if there's a solution for this because i have lots of albums i'm unable to scrape. Is there a way to scrape for some kind of Unique ID

Many thanks
Have you set your music tags correctly? If you have albumartist = Madonna you should pick up the correct details from allmusic.com without any issues.

See the wiki for how to set up your music tags
rocketpants Wrote:Have you set your music tags correctly? If you have albumartist = Madonna you should pick up the correct details from allmusic.com without any issues.

I checked the tags and they seem correct:

Artist = Albumartist = Madonna
Album = Music

When searching on allmusic.com for the album the album is also not found.
I think the problem comes with this general albumname Music.

The sraper is not searching for the Artist first and then searching within the discography of the artist. Its directly searching for the album.
could you upload sample files somewhere of the Madonna album and perhaps one other album you are having troubles with?
rocketpants Wrote:could you upload sample files somewhere of the Madonna album and perhaps one other album you are having troubles with?

i got some free mp3 and renamed and tagged them like my originals.

In general i can say it always on album that have a very common name.

Here are the files

Thanks for your help :-)
create an 'album.nfo' file in the album folder and copy the album URL from allmusic into it. Following that, refresh the album from within XBMC.
i posted about this weeks ago. the whole artist scraper is broken. if you scrape a new music library and scrape all your artists it scrapes the first one correctly but fills in the rest of the artists as the first one scraped i opened a ticket about it its like number 21221 or something
Hack_kid Wrote:i posted about this weeks ago. the whole artist scraper is broken. if you scrape a new music library and scrape all your artists it scrapes the first one correctly but fills in the rest of the artists as the first one scraped i opened a ticket about it its like number 21221 or something

...and you are not following your ticket:
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/12121

edit: and the above issue was about albums, so completely unrelated anyway...
olympia Wrote:create an 'album.nfo' file in the album folder and copy the album URL from allmusic into it. Following that, refresh the album from within XBMC.

This solution is working perfect for me :-)

Many thanks Olympia
@Kopierwichtel - I just scraped the sample Madonna album you uploaded with no problems. I am using the last.fm scraper at the moment and not the allmusic scraper.