Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Simple question ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,

I have one simple question.
I keep all my movies with exported fanart, poster and trailer, e.g.:

- A Man Apart.avi
- A Man Apart.nfo
- A Man Apart.tbn
- A Man Apart.txt
- A Man Apart-fanart.jpg
- A Man Apart-trailer.flv

For example If some movie doesn't have trailer, I always download it manually and add file:
to movie folder. After that I just Image and button trailer appear in Movie info Image.

Question:

What should I do , if I want do add/change missing fanart for movies ?

I tried update library but it doeasn't work.

Sorry this may be a very basic question....but thanks for any tips
castortray Wrote:Hi All,

I have one simple question.
I keep all my movies with exported fanart, poster and trailer, e.g.:

- A Man Apart.avi
- A Man Apart.nfo
- A Man Apart.tbn
- A Man Apart.txt
- A Man Apart-fanart.jpg

For example If some movie doesn't have trailer, I always download it manually and add file:
to movie folder. After that I just Image and button trailer appear in Movie info Image.

Question:

What should I do , if I want do add/change missing fanart for movies ?

I tried update library but it doeasn't work.

Sorry this may be a very basic question....but thanks for any tips

either a) manually download fanart from t'internet, rename it according to your file structure, and paste into your movie folder, then in xbmc, press "i", then click "get fanart" then select the new file from the "browse" option.

or b) highlight the movie, click "i" and click "get fanart" then select a scraped one from the list that pops up.
Or use a third party programs like Ember to download the missing artwork.
Some of the skins use the "extrathumbs" folder inside the movie folder which you can place some artwork and it will be used in the skin.
PhilYHC Wrote:either a) manually download fanart from t'internet, rename it according to your file structure, and paste into your movie folder, then in xbmc, press "i", then click "get fanart" then select the new file from the "browse" option.

or b) highlight the movie, click "i" and click "get fanart" then select a scraped one from the list that pops up.

thx for that,
but when I want change 900 fanarts for movies it''s not the easy one method
to use "browse" option.

It's not possible to save manually downloaded fanart in movie folder and just update library as "trailer case" ?

Also I don't want to use any other 3rd program Sad
why this function is not included in XBMC ? Sad
castortray Wrote:thx for that,
but when I want change 900 fanarts for movies it''s not the easy one method
to use "browse" option.

Also I don't want to use any other 3rd program Sad
why this function is not included in XBMC ? Sad
Just set the content to none on the source folder and clean, then re-set it to movies and rescan.
thanks all,

maybe someone have other idea, please ?

Many thanks
You can't simply update library. You need to reload each movie. Actually, for 900 movies, the idea of your last post is the best. Sorry to say.
castortray Wrote:It's not possible to save manually downloaded fanart in movie folder and just update library as "trailer case" ?

Yes, that is the method I choose. Its easier for me than learning some new media manager program.
But, you have to "refresh" the xbmc library in some way so it knows to look for the new fanart rather than using what it has stored in its cache files (thumbnails).