Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC nightly builds.... benefits...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a very stable and solid XBMC 10.1 setup done on Mac Mini 2011 and working fine with more 800 HD movies, 6.000 music and 1TB pictures. I would like to know if there is any huge benefit from latest nightly builds to be considered as upgrade for my current configuration. Nerd
mainly if you just want to use some of the cutting edge stuff like dirty regions, useful with ion, vastly improves system speed, and responsiveness, and probably loads of stuff I am not mentioning might try google
I liked the updated skin, Airplay!, better buffering and smoother playback.
Aeon MQ3
Better subtitle handling (noticed for Arabic subtitles)
Faster
Airplay
and more...
the last couple nightly builds have those white do-not-enter symbols on the icon. i tried mounting the .dmg on two macs, both are intel. both running snow leopard. what gives? do they require lion now?
ctawn Wrote:the last couple nightly builds have those white do-not-enter symbols on the icon. i tried mounting the .dmg on two macs, both are intel. both running snow leopard. what gives? do they require lion now?

No.
Thanks. But then what's going on? I'm downloading from here:

http://sshcs.com/xbmc/?mode=NSAC&AR=OSX

last resulting file: XBMC_OSX_8cb8ae1.tgz

and this is what the mounted DMG looks like:

those aren't official builds
@original poster - i started on pre eden and downgraded back to 10.1 because of random lockups and instability while it is still not final.

If you like crashes often then please get the nightly. The thing about 10.1 is that it works.

Check round the forum at all the threads with titles like: can't play anything with latest nightly... cant see my library with latest nightly...etc
master345 Wrote:those aren't official builds

Garrr. brain fart. i just had that bookmarked for some reason as the nightly page.

Should be:

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/

Sorry.
master345 Wrote:those aren't official builds
@original poster - i started on pre eden and downgraded back to 10.1 because of random lockups and instability while it is still not final.

If you like crashes often then please get the nightly. The thing about 10.1 is that it works.

Check round the forum at all the threads with titles like: can't play anything with latest nightly... cant see my library with latest nightly...etc

You shouldn't generalize... I only use nightly builds (update once every 2 weeks or so) and I haven't have any issues. I'm running 10.6.7 since the "10.6.8 audio bug" isn't fixed in 10.7 yet (plus other 10.7 bugs).
kim1406 Wrote:Aeon MQ3
Better subtitle handling (noticed for Arabic subtitles)
Faster
Airplay
and more...

airplay what?? you mean you can beam music/videos/pictures from ipad/iphone to xbmc? how?? i'm on nightlies and didn't notice this.