Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Button inside a focusedlayout ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
I'm trying to put a button control inside the <itemlayout> and <focusedlayout> of a scroller but i have got a strange behavior,

The item which is being repeated consist of a label and a button so basically and to keep the code short its something like this:
<!-- etc -->'s are the bits removed to keep it short

PHP Code:
<control type="panel" id="61">
    <!-- 
etc -->
    <
itemlayout height="62" width="285">
        <
control type="label">        
            <!-- 
etc -->
            <
info>ListItem.Label</info>
        </
control>

<
control type="button">
            <!-- 
etc -->
            <
texturefocus>ButtonFocus.png</texturefocus>
            <
texturenofocus>ButtonNoFocus.png</texturenofocus>
        </
control>
    </
itemlayout>

<
focusedlayout height="62" width="285">
        <
control type="label">        
            <!-- 
etc -->
            <
info>ListItem.Label</info>
        </
control>

<
control type="button">
            <!-- 
etc -->
            <
texturefocus>ButtonFocus.png</texturefocus>
            <
texturenofocus>ButtonNoFocus.png</texturenofocus>
        </
control>
    </
focusedlayout>
</
control

The strange behavior is that the button gets the focus image once i enter the mouse cursor inside the focusedlayout canvas ( even if i hover over the label the button still gets focused ) :S

How do i narrow down the focus canvas of the button to the button it self not the whole Item ?

I hope i explained it well Big Grin
Thanks.
To be honest I'd be surprised if you get it work at all how you like (I mean clicking) jmarshall did some work on being able to put focusable stuff in lists a long time ago for boxee but it never really worked well and didn't really get to a working point
Wouldn't it be better to use static content for the list and fill it with your info and onclick items?
@Jezz: Hmm Sad isn't there a way around it, i mean what would you do if you wanted to repeat a button or a group of buttons by either using lists or not it just need to be generated from python - like a list -, Thanks though.

@Hitcher: Yes, it would but i intend to add more buttons next to that label so i can't tell which onClick came from which button/control, right !

Thanks.