Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Bad scanning/ slow loading help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all, firstly thanks for all the work on xbmc, its a great program.
Obviously my problems are something i have done wrong and not the program itself, But if anyone might have some things i could try to help me out id be very appreciative.

Ok on to the problems.

Firstly my setup.
I3 530, 6gb ram (2x 2gb 2x1gb), asus matx board using onboard gpu on the i3, system drive is a 2.5" 5400rpm 60gb drive, All media is stored on my 24/7 PC connected via gigabit lan.
Running win7 64bit which is kept updated
XBMC with Showtime Aeon skin

1: Library scanning, My library is setup, i havent changed anything since i set up xbmc, But im noticing its not adding things, TV Shows in particular. They are all in the same folders/format/filetype as everything else. Even though it scans on start up.

2: It takes a while to load from the home screen to movies, sometimes freezing. It freezes randomly also. requiring xbmc to be closed and restarted. Im guessing it might have sometime to do with library size and trying to load it over gigabit rather than locally (roughly 1700 titles)

3: Playback sometimes is quite jerky, and audio slightly out of sync after a while, This setup was running fine before, Some titles just run like im trying to play a new game on a 10yr old PC and some even pixelate badly randomly (when the files themselves did NOT do it before) This PC has no issues playing bluray discs through cyberlink when i watch blurays off the disc.

Im not very xbmc savvy, and im sorry i havent got debug logs to include in this. i know they would help alot, i will try and get them off it, But im just wondering if anyone might know some general things i could try.
I am planning on moving the hdds into the HTPC when i get a new case, but i cannot currently.

Thanks in advance guys
I know that when I first installed XBMC, I had to go into Settings > Video Settings > Playback and turn on hardware acceleration.
atarijedi Wrote:I know that when I first installed XBMC, I had to go into Settings > Video Settings > Playback and turn on hardware acceleration.

yeah i did that already =) its set to auto, my options are Pixel shaders, or software, i had it on pixel shaders before. but recently put it on auto to see if it helped but it didnt, hardware accel is on