Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Turns out that the Mediaportal Tv Series plugin doesn't support local metadata...

Doh!
helllo everyone.

i was hoping someone in this forum can help me.

i recently did an automatic ViMM update to v0.7a10.

i want to go back to my previous version.

unfortunately i don't know exactly which one it was.

i do know that it was between v0.7a2 -v0.7a6.

does anyone have the dmg files of these versions?

thanks for your help.
Maybe it would be more productive to explain the problems you had with the update. I'm sure Marius would be interested and try to fix it if there is a bug.
the reason for the reversion is not a bug.

i have converted 95 percent of my movies to digital and catalogued them using ViMM.

i like having the actual actors folder instead of the alias to the actors folder.

simple as that, really.
They're in there, if you're not afraid of the terminal, use this command:

Code:
defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE
killall Finder

This will show the invisible '.actors' folder within each media item's folder. (Use FALSE to hide invisible files again)
thanks, will this command show only hidden things on just the mac hard drive? will this affect the hidden items on a portable hard drive?
It'll show hidden files in the 'Finder', so you'll see hidden files everywhere.
Hmm.. None of my movies on the left hand pane have any cover showing. The cover shows on the right hand pane though.

Any idea how to fix this?

Scanning my network share is painfully slow also.. Any way of speeding this up or is it just a limitation of the program?

I tried tinymediamanager and that scans lightning fast, but is not as comprehensive, so I want to stick with ViMM!

Cheers :-)
Woah, this program's come a long way since I looked at the first release a year or two ago and moved on!

It's almost ready to topple EMM for me Big Grin

Couple of questions/requests;

1) When scraping a movie, it looks like it's downloading IMDB ratings... but when it shows up in XBMC, it has the TMDB rating, which isn't great... how do you force IMDB rating/votes?

2) Is there a way to manually edit the codec/stream metadata? On movies where I have external subtitles, I like to manually mark an internal subtitle stream, otherwise it shows up with a no-cc mediaflag when XBMC scans it in.
@psykix: Make sure that 'show posters in list' is turned on under 'Preferences' > 'Extras'.
The slowness might come because ViMM tries to open each poster & fanart image from the drive if it isn't already cached, which causes some slow down.

@clock2113:
1) in ViMM, it should scrape IMDb by default, It's also a setting under 'Preferences' > 'Services' > 'General'. if XBMC doesn't show the same rating that it does in ViMM, you might need to re-scan it by opening up the item's information pane inside XBMC, and choose 'Refresh'.

2) Not through ViMM currently, but you can always use a text editor to modify the .nfo to your likings. Wink
Doh.. it was that setting - I now have my posters :-)

I dunno about the slowness - it just seems to take ages if I click update list.

I'll see how I go :-)
It can take a while, the more movies you have, the longer it'll take to read the information in after all, and it does go slower on network drive since it'll sort of have to connect to each item.
It takes probably about 10 minutes to scan 640 movies..

I don't add movies too often, so it's probably not a huge problem :-)
(2013-07-07, 21:08)psykix Wrote: [ -> ]It takes probably about 10 minutes to scan 640 movies..

Could you clarify what you mean by "scan"? Are you talking about when you refresh the list, after you set it as a source in ViMM? Or are you talking about fetching all those movies at once?

I'm thinking about changing to a network operation and wondering how practical it would be.
that's the 'update list' button vs the 'file' > 'rescan folders' option, update list should be the quicker option seeing that it'll only add a new item to the list after verifying that it isn't in the list already.