Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-08-02, 22:40)MariusTh86 Wrote: [ -> ]@wgstarks: Try adding a set name matching a set of episodes, if they light up blue on the left side, and the titles are shown below the set name, it means the set name has been added to the item's .nfo files, you should be able to close the window, go to one of the items, open up the .nfo file and have a '<set>' tag inside with the title.
After that you might have to refresh XBMC's entries.
I was using "Indiana Jones Collection" for the set name and the four movies in the set. Should I just shorten the name of the set to "Indiana Jones"?
That should do the trick, you can also try to drag and drop titles from the left onto a collection name.
(2013-08-02, 18:47)MariusTh86 Wrote: [ -> ]@capfuro: The file flags depend a bit on the skin you're using for XBMC, the skin I'm using 'Metropolis' seems to recognize 'MPEG Audio' and 'MPEG-4 Visual' just, fine while yours apparently doesn't.
Though that doesn't mean that I'm necessarily using the right tags either, 'MPEG-4 Visual' and 'XviD" go hand-in-hand, and 'MPEG Audio' is the underlying format of MP3's.

Good night MariusTh86,

I understand... then both, XBMC and ViMM, are reading the same media information from the video files which is good news, however ViMM uses different tags for some codecs and thus the mishandling by this particular skin (Aeon Nox). I know skinners work very hard to be compatible with XBMC after each iteration. It would be desirable that ViMM goes for the same as one of the goals, because that will ensure compatibility between third party software in relation to the main core, XBMC, in this case. That can only account for consistency and great user experience. The time the users spend working with ViMM will mean 100% compatibility results too.

I yet have to square some skidded facts within my mind though: why the flags for the aspect ratio do not match?

Best,

CF
(2013-08-02, 22:40)MariusTh86 Wrote: [ -> ]Besides that, ViMM doesn't recognise folders as episode 'files', and where XBMC starts playing at when selecting any of the episodes is not a ViMM issue. ^^

Agreed it should not be the responsibility of the media manager to determine where XBMC should start playback of the file. All I was looking for was the ability to generate the nfo so the "episode" can be added to the tv show library and let XBMC determine how to start playback (ii have tried 2 other media mangers that work with creating individual episode nfo out of the single video_ts file, but there are features of ViMM that have not been implemented yet in them).

Any chance of a feature request?

TIA,

AL
@capfuturo: I've just done a bit of work on getting more comparative results, hopefully this'll bring it better in line.
I'm calculating the aspect ration by deviding the video width by the height rounded to 2 decimals, and your XBMC generated .nfo files seem to have the same number in them, except there are additional zero's tacked on to the end.

@alspoll: I can't say for sure whether i'll get it to work with folders, but hopefully i'll be able to look into it.
Hi MariusTh86.

First of all.. wonderful application. Best on my Mac so far Big Grin

I have a question for you. I've updated my version of ViVedia and noticed the watch status for movies and tv shows. I marked the movies that we already watched (they turned red) and refreshed library in XBMC but nothing happen. Today, I removed the myvideo file in the userdata folder (for a different reason) and edit every source so that xbmc would start rescanning. None of the movies that I flagged in ViVedia showed up as watched in XBMC.

Am I overlooking something here?
It's not something obvious, but rather a more secretive option of XBMC.

You need to create an advancedsettings.xml file in your user data folder, and add the 'importwatchedstate' tag and flag to it before XBMC allows importing watched status from .nfo files.
Aaah, got it. I never looked into the advanced settings stuff, but you can do a lot with that I noticed in the Wiki Cool Watched status, but also auto clean by startup.

I was just wondering (Like I said, never wrote on before), do I use this:

<advancedsettings>
<importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate>
<cleanonupdate>true</cleanonupdate>
</advancedsettings>

Or

<advancedsettings>
<videolibrary>
<importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate>
<cleanonupdate>true</cleanonupdate>
<videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>

So basically, do I add the line for videolibrary? It's not a question 100% related to your application, I know
I've got it within the video library tags
Hi !

After update to the newest Version i ran the missing extras download option. I got many infos about timeout and try later - so now problem for me.
But now i check my XBMC … go in TV Series … my XBMC is crashing !
I take a look to a series folded and see there in the extrafanart folder that there are "Null Kb" pictures.

I think that is the reason of crashing … what can i do now ? Huh
Hi,

first: i switched from windows to mac and used the embermediamanger on windows. The UI of ViMM is definitly much more intuitive.

With version 7alpha11c extras are not getting donwloaded automatically. i checked auto download in the preferences pane for extras i want (poster, background, thumb), but only the poster is downloaded. i makes no different if i use fetch/update metadata or the extra command from the toolbar. the only way to get the fanart is to manually edit the metadata, click the image pane, select fanart and download an image.

am i doing something wrong?

kind regards

Matthias
@MarkusK: You can remove the 'Null Kb' pictures for now.

@J4nu5: I believe this might be the issue:
Facebook Post
If the latest ViMM seems to have stopped downloading images, go to 'Preferences' > 'Services' and enable the 'fanart.tv' service.
Great App, great support. Thanks!
If the app doesnt scan for episodes how do i get them to show up in XBMC \
i currently just have my 3 tv shows pretty much shells in XBMC with no episodes in them
You can either put episodes in them then choose the 'update' button and scan for 'new episodes', or put episodes in them and let XBMC do the scanning by choosing 'update the library' from the context menu (possibly by pressing the 'C' key)