Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-08-23, 00:49)MariusTh86 Wrote: [ -> ]You can either put episodes in them then choose the 'update' button and scan for 'new episodes', or put episodes in them and let XBMC do the scanning by choosing 'update the library' from the context menu (possibly by pressing the 'C' key)

Sorry, im extremely knew to XBMC and i feel like im way over my head Tongue when you say put the episodes in them, how would i do that?
also pushing "C" did nothing for me
@Enzetsu

The Folders and Episodes are right named and scrapped? (see my example)
---"The Big Bang Theory" (Folder)
-------------------------------------------------"Season 01" (Folder)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------S01E01....avi
(2013-08-23, 04:01)Enzetsu Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-08-23, 00:49)MariusTh86 Wrote: [ -> ]You can either put episodes in them then choose the 'update' button and scan for 'new episodes', or put episodes in them and let XBMC do the scanning by choosing 'update the library' from the context menu (possibly by pressing the 'C' key)

Sorry, im extremely knew to XBMC and i feel like im way over my head Tongue when you say put the episodes in them, how would i do that?
also pushing "C" did nothing for me

No worries, everyone is a beginner at first. Wink
I'm not sure what you've been able to do already, so I'm going to take this from the top:

You will probably need to move your episode files into your tv show folders before they show up.

• Start up XBMC, of course. Tongue
• Select 'Videos'.
• Select 'Files'.
• Select 'Add Videos...'.
• Browse for a path to add, and press 'OK'.
• Select what the directory contains, in your case 'TV Shows', and press 'OK' again.

Your items should now get scanned into XBMC, to access them, press on 'TV Shows' / 'Movies' back in the first screen, which should have appeared after scanning started or ended, this moves you to their respective 'Library' views.
To update XBMC, go into 'Settings' > 'Video' > 'Library', and make sure the option 'Update library on startup' is selected, from then on you can update XBMC whenever you start it up.
You can summon the contextual menu by pressing 'c' while selecting an item in your library view. (A tv show/movie) and manually update the library whenever you want to, by selecting the 'Update Library'. Wink

Let me know if you're able to figure it out from this, or if you don't understand something. ^_^
I got it to work Big Grin! thanks MariusTh86 and mydsmbr, the reason why it wasn't showing up is because the way i had them titled. i had the episode names and not S01E1
Glad you got it to work. Wink
(2013-08-23, 17:57)MariusTh86 Wrote: [ -> ]Glad you got it to work. Wink

I know this is the thread for this app but when i try using you Youtube downloader it doesnt fully download the video, it finishes the download (800 MB) in like a minute then when i go to play it the video isnt fully complete it cuts off and XBMC stops playing and brings me back to home.
This is with uninterrupted Internet and had this problem with 4 videos before i stopped trying
Always at 800 MB? maybe it's some sort of YouTube limit.
The App is using just a regular download process, so I'm not sure what's stopping it on that side if it isn't an Internet interruption.

Have you tried any other youtube downloader apps to see if they have the same problem?
(2013-08-24, 09:19)MariusTh86 Wrote: [ -> ]Always at 800 MB? maybe it's some sort of YouTube limit.
The App is using just a regular download process, so I'm not sure what's stopping it on that side if it isn't an Internet interruption.

Have you tried any other youtube downloader apps to see if they have the same problem?

not that one example was 800 mb so there was no way for it to finish in a minute but i just got a chrome plugin that works
Hey guys, great app, nice job Wink

I'd like to use vimedia with xbmc frodo. I mean i'd like xbmc to use metadata managed by vimedia instead of the in-app xbmc scraper.

Any idea how i can manage this?

Sorry but i'm a noob with this Big Grin

Thx a lot
@Nicopire -
That's really the whole point of a media manager. You don't need to do anything special. Just use ViMM to set the metadata and images the way you want. Then set that media folder as a source in XBMC. Or, if you are just adding a few new media items, add them to the appropriate XBMC source folder and tell XBMC to update the library.

If existing movies are in the folder that is already set as a source in XBMC, but you have worked them over with ViMM. You need to reset the content so that XBMC will read in the new metadata. Change content to none, and let it clean up. Then set it back to movies or tv. XMBC will rescan the folder and notice that there are already NFO files and images there. It will use those rather than scraping on the internet.
@Glorious1

Okay thank u for the info! I thought I needed an addon or something.

Once again great app!
has movie sets been implemented??
i keep having to add it manually to the xml
@Furby8704: Click in the toolbar on the item called 'Sets Manager' to open up the movie sets manager window.
To add a set for, for example, the "Back to the Future" trilogy, add a set named 'Back to the Future', and the movies will automatically be added if you have them in your library.
Fantastic app... I should have been using this a long time ago. My only wish so far is the handling of actor thumbs

The actor thumbs are stored in the NFO with absolute paths that are specific to OSX. This isn't good if I am running XBMC on different machines with a shared library. It would be great if you could define a directory to store ALL actor thumbs and have an option to write that location in all the NFO files instead of the default .actors folder for each movie. With a large movie collection, that is a ton of duplicated files for each movie.
I know, but I believe this is an XBMC requirement. absolute paths and a '.actors' folder within the item's own folder, which on OS X is invisible because of the '.' at the start of the name, I'd much prefer to at least name it 'actors' so it would be visible, but alas.