Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-09-02, 11:49)MariusTh86 Wrote: [ -> ]@Furby8704: Click in the toolbar on the item called 'Sets Manager' to open up the movie sets manager window.
To add a set for, for example, the "Back to the Future" trilogy, add a set named 'Back to the Future', and the movies will automatically be added if you have them in your library.

Does this currently even work properly ?
If i add a "set" it just don't do anything in the folders of the set movies.
Further xbmc doesn't recognize anything.... do i do anything wrong?
Just a question... still a great app.
Please be more clear and detailed about exactly what steps you took to set up sets that didn't work, what you mean by "xbmc doesn't recognize anything", and what steps you took to introduce your scraped media to xbmc.
Is there a defect / enhancement tracker for this anywhere? This tread is massive and I don't want to repeat anything thats already been addressed.

However I did notice one bug that took me awhile to figure out yesterday: If your file permissions for a particular movie/folder are incorrect and you try to do a rename operation during a fetch the app hangs with a white box with an ok button. I have to force quit the app and reopen.
Wish this program had a subforum - just discovered it and love it! (More so than Ember..)

Had a question though. Is it possible to add/remove sections that get added to the NFO? Specifically the Recommendations. I'm not interested in this part and I have a bit of OCD when it comes to NFO files... (also don't need the thumbnails for all the actors). Since I use this for Boxee (hoping XBMC soon), I want to have it as minimal as possible.

Thanks!
(2013-09-09, 00:43)RandomSkratch Wrote: [ -> ]Had a question though. Is it possible to add/remove sections that get added to the NFO? Specifically the Recommendations.

You should be able to uncheck "Download recommendations" in 'Preferences > Extras'.
(2013-09-09, 01:22)Glorious1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-09-09, 00:43)RandomSkratch Wrote: [ -> ]Had a question though. Is it possible to add/remove sections that get added to the NFO? Specifically the Recommendations.

You should be able to uncheck "Download recommendations" in 'Preferences > Extras'.

Ha! It was staring at me right in the face... Thanks!
@Glorious1

well, it was a problem with my skin, actually after i switched to nox it showed the sets Smile
The only thing which still don't work properly is that the sets aren't saved in the vimediamanager.
After i set up all sets in the vimediamanager and start it again, it is all empty. Isn't it supposed to be saved ?
First a bow to someone who has created the program I wish I had.

I have always named a single file multipart episode S01E01-02 xbmc has always seemed to handle this just fine. ViMediaManager does not like this.

I am in need of guidance on how to change my naming convention.

Thanks again for a great program.
Simadriel
@Simadriel

Did you tried S01E01E02 ?
I tried S01E01-E02 with the dash.

I will try you suggestion as soon as this scan is finished.

Thanks
Simadriel
@Simadriel
Marius suggested S01E01E02 last month, so I guess that should still work!

@mydsmbr
Yes the set information should be saved. I just connected to my library with ViMM and the Sets Manager showed all my sets. However, then I tested making a new set with a few movies in another folder. When I restarted ViMM the Sets Manager didn't show the new set, even though the NFO files did have a set tag with the set name. But it DID show the set after I did a 'Rescan Folders' (shift-command-R)
@Glorious1

thx man, i will try that.
Just one more questions about the movie sets... is there a way to give the set a description? It looks so empty without anything....

//solved
@mydsmbr: Nope, there's just the set name.

@Simadriel: dashes between episodes aren't currently supported.

@Glorious1: Thanks for helping everyone! I hadn't gotten XBMC forum email notification messages in a while.
Thanks MariusTh86. So I wonder if that Set Manager behavior that mydsmbr and I discovered is expected behavior? It seems when you make sets, the next time you open ViMM, it is not aware of them unless you Rescan Folders. I may be wrong, but it seems in the past that wasn't necessary?
At one point I made the sets manager 'rescan folders' as it closed, naturally this would take a long time, so i abandoned that and seemingly forgot to save the movie list in another way.
I think i'll be able to fix this easily enough.

Have a try at it with this build:
http://www.mediafire.com/?8j6ve2f4je6et