Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wanted to echo the last guy and say thanks for this awesome software. Makes managing my unwieldy media collection so much easier and cleaner.

I do have a question though, is it possible to edit multiple files at once? For example, can I edit the Studio field for 30 separate movies at the same time?
Sorry for the late reply, thank you as well!
Unfortunately ViMM only allows editing one item at a time, the closest I have to such functionality is being able to alter the 'set' or 'collection' information of multiple movies through the 'sets manager'.
(2019-04-05, 18:42)MariusTh86 Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry for the late reply, thank you as well!
Unfortunately ViMM only allows editing one item at a time, the closest I have to such functionality is being able to alter the 'set' or 'collection' information of multiple movies through the 'sets manager'.

Thanks for the reply. That's what I figured, though I was hoping there was a secret menu or something hidden away. Though, I did manage to create a clumsy workflow through Automator to suit my specific needs.

Thanks again for all your hard work, I really appreciate it!
Hey @MariusTh86  Smile
It appears that ViMediaManager stopped downloading pictures on Catalina (10.15.1).
When you try manual search it shows the "This application experienced an error..." If you dismiss the window and continue working, the app will download the info but not the images.

Should we expect some update soon Smile Huh
(2019-11-10, 00:00)cikakosta Wrote: [ -> ]Hey @MariusTh86  Smile
It appears that ViMediaManager stopped downloading pictures on Catalina (10.15.1).
When you try manual search it shows the "This application experienced an error..." If you dismiss the window and continue working, the app will download the info but not the images.

Should we expect some update soon Smile Huh

Heya @cikakosta, thanks for letting me know!
It seems TheTVDB might have made some changes that ViMM wasn't prepared for.
I've done my best to make some fixes in the build below, please let me know how it works. Wink

http://www.mediafire.com/file/efui5mxs2j...r.zip/file
Hey @MariusTh86 
Thank you for such a fast response!

It is better, now its not showing the "This application experienced an error..." window and it creates all picture files but some of them are zero bytes size.
For example, tv show See,
season01-fanart.jpg - Downloaded
landscape.jpg - Downloaded
season-all-fanart.jpg - Downloaded
season01-poster.jpg - Zero bytes size
banner.jpg - Zero bytes size
fanart.jpg - Zero bytes size
poster.jpg - Zero bytes size
See - S01E01 - Godflame-thumb.jpg - Zero bytes size
See - S01E02 - Message in a Bottle-thumb.jpg - Zero bytes size
See - S01E03 - Fresh Blood-thumb.jpg - Zero bytes size
See - S01E04 - The River-thumb.jpg - Zero bytes size

Thanks!! Smile
Alright, I've changed how those images were downloaded, could you try again with this build?

https://www.mediafire.com/file/lzob61i0x...1.zip/file
Thank you @MariusTh86 !
You fixed it!

Now it works, all the images are downloaded and possible to open!

Sorry to ping you during the weekend!
Enjoy!
No problem! Thanks for finding these issues and pointing them out to me. I'll make an official release later. Wink
Hey @MariusTh86 it appears that there are more problems with the manager. Whenver I try to update the episodes (even to find specific tv show) it just tries to fetch the data and stop with the message "No television series were found, try again with fewer keywords...". I tried with even one word from the name in manual search and it still shows the message.
(2019-11-16, 18:23)cikakosta Wrote: [ -> ]Hey @MariusTh86 it appears that there are more problems with the manager. Whenver I try to update the episodes (even to find specific tv show) it just tries to fetch the data and stop with the message "No television series were found, try again with fewer keywords...". I tried with even one word from the name in manual search and it still shows the message.
Did you notice the bright red banner at the top of the forum?
Im so sorry, didnt notice the banner today. I will excuse myself now Big Grin
(2019-11-16, 21:01)cikakosta Wrote: [ -> ]Im so sorry, didnt notice the banner today. I will excuse myself now Big Grin

No problem! It's always better to report possible bugs when you find them. Wink
@cikakosta

No problems. TVDB has more information if you are interested... https://forums.thetvdb.com/
(2019-11-10, 14:28)MariusTh86 Wrote: [ -> ]Alright, I've changed how those images were downloaded, could you try again with this build?

https://www.mediafire.com/file/lzob61i0x...1.zip/file
I downloaded this several days ago because I couldn't get TVs to scrape (prior to the big red banner above). I ran it on 10.14 (non-Catalina) and I kept getting an error message and it would try to pull up Mail to send in a report. I don't have Mail set up, so I'm not sure what the problem was. I went back to the previous version and it works fine. Sorry I don't have more info, but I couldn't get movies to scrape and whatnot with this version and the older Mac OS. Just wanted you to know in case it's an overall problem.