Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have changed some things around recently which contaminated the preferences of the App, so it should have worked after throwing those out, but I'm glad you got it working again. ^^

Let me know if you run into anything else! Wink
I love seeing the development you are doing! pretty nice! Smile

But until there is a working tv-show support like in ember I will have to wait until I can really use the ViMediaManager! But I'm looking forward to that day Smile
I've just tried this new version and it's really shaping up. Big Grin
Auto trailer downloading looking for HD first then SD is all I need.

I noticed when downloading a trailer it left the extension off:
Half Baked 1998.mkv
Half Baked 1998.nfo
Half Baked 1998.tbn
Half Baked 1998-fanart.jpg
Half Baked 1998-trailer (should be Half Baked 1998-trailer.flv)
Wow! Good job. Just one suggestion. Fix the donation page. I can't read Dutch and love to sponsor the development of this app. Smile
Trailer extensions fixed, and donation page should be in international english in the next release. ^^
Thanks for this new tool. Appears very cool and looking forward to git it a shot once I am back to my Mac. A few questions:

1) What info is used from IMDB in addition to the info on TMDB? Is this just the IMDB rating or also other pieces of information? Context of my question is that I would love to be IMDB-free, but am concerned that TMDB may not have all I want (e.g., I would indeed miss the IMDB rating)

2) Does it allow me to select the youtube-trailer from a URL rather than auto-detect?

3) Has anyone tried not to delete movie.nfo files created through EMM, but actually use them with ViMM?

4) Any chance to get music artist scraping working? I am NOT looking for tagging and going on track level, which would be a lot of pain. What may be easier for you is to limit it to scrape artist.nfo, artist art, artist fanart, etc. Most will have a structure like:
/Artist/
/Artist/Album/
/Artist/Album/Track01.mp3
/Artist/Album/Track02.mp3

If you "just" detect "/artist" based on musicbrainz.org and then scrape from last.fm, fanart.tv or others, that would be amazing!!!
1) Currently it scrapes all it can from the moviedb, then if IMDB scraping is enabled, it'll use the following information in preferences to information scraped from tmdb:
Outline = Short Plot
Plot
Rating
Votes
Year

And it'll use the following information only if TMDB did not have it:
Premiered Date
Director
Writer

If you disable IMDB, the only thing you might miss would be the "plot outline", which is not in moviedb.

2) Currently it uses the trailer youtube URL from TheMovieDB, but I think I can add a 'choose your own youtube video url'.

3) Since in the end the information should be readable to XBMC, all the NFO files are in a way the same and technically interchangeable, however ViMM does not use Video Format data yet, so if you make any changes with ViMM, it'll loose that information.

4) Music scraping is not available yet, if ever, it'll possibly be in a far of future after ViMM v2.0. ^^
This is a great app, just wanted to say thanks MariusTh86.
HD download failing....any thoughts?
If you're talking about trailers, maybe the HD quality just isn't available for that particular movie, or there's some trouble connecting, try again later? it's a bit of a randomly hit or miss situation currently..
Is there a preference for what country's rating to grab? Judging by the way the field is titled "MPAA Rating", it's locked to the USA, which is incorrect for me —*I have Ember configured to grab the UK rating from IMDB.

(This field is also showing blank for existing movies with UK ratings, BTW)

Thanks
Unfortunately, ViMM is currently only attuned for the USA MPAA ratings.
Hopefully I'll be able to make it more internationally aware in the future.
Just started messing around with the tv section but I gotta know. In the tv section, extra art is used for what on XBMC? and What do you save it as?
Besides the usual 'poster', 'banner' and 'fanart' which is visible throughout the general XBMC interface, there are some 'extra art' files that are only used by specific skins.
ClearArt, CharacterArt, Logo's and TV Thumbs are those extra art images.
Hi,
first of all thanks for the work, i love the idea to have a media manager for osx.
Here some ideas to improve this application :
1) Scanning :
- if you scan huge libraries could you pls add a cancel button to the scanning dialog ? Force quit is not a nice way to cancel the application :-)
- Starting up with a huge dataset take a lot of time , maybe start and fill the list in the background.
- I have some directories that contains multiple sudirectories ( store all Star trek Movies in one Main directory, same goes for Charly Chaplin, Walt Disney etc. ), actually there is no "deep scan" within you program, but ... would be nice
2) Scrapping :
- I got some old fashion TV Movie sets ( f.e. "Pan Tau" , Catweezle , etc. ) and also some old movies and it would be nice to have at least some fallback sites for TV shows aka "if tvdb do not find the show look on imdb" ( they also have a huge tv show lib)

3) TV Show episode list
- it would be very nice to support in this upcomming feature also people who have DVD structures for shows :
--- 24 Season 01
------- 24 S01E01E02E03E04
------------ VIDEO_TS
------------ AUDIO_TS

Thanks for listening
Best Regards
Linus