Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I'm trying to use this for the first time. I can't load all my movies from my unRaid Nas (shares) at one time, it's like 2,600 movies in the share. So I just just tried to load 1 drive to see if it loads - it has 227 movies on it. That loaded fine. So I have to load 20 drive 1 drive at a time so it won't crash.

Really nice looking and easy to manage app.

Also we need a stop button for when we start a metadata search that we didn't want to do. you know - the oops button lol.
MariusTh86 Wrote:The URL's for the season posters are set in the NFO file, so XBMC should download the thumbnail on it's own and display them, so there's at least that for now.

There's a donation awaiting you. Great on a great product.
preproman Wrote:Hi, I'm trying to use this for the first time. I can't load all my movies from my unRaid Nas (shares) at one time, it's like 2,600 movies in the share. So I just just tried to load 1 drive to see if it loads - it has 227 movies on it. That loaded fine. So I have to load 20 drive 1 drive at a time so it won't crash.

Really nice looking and easy to manage app.

Also we need a stop button for when we start a metadata search that we didn't want to do. you know - the oops button lol.

If you hold the [alt] key at start up, ViMM might be less crashy when loading movies since it won't try to read the metadata, but just adds folders to the list.

Still working on the 'oops' button. Wink
preproman Wrote:There's a donation awaiting you. Great on a great product.

Thank you! i'm still working on making it even better! Wink
Hi,

i have reorganized my whole moviecollection with ViMM.
Everything works fine but on my AppleTV2 (nightly from 4.10.11 with Skin Quartz) some of the Posterfiles (<movie>.jpg) won't load.

is this a known problem of xbmc or the port for AppleTV2?

Thx
Ravester
I'm not aware of any such bugs with xbmc for the apple TV, and if there are any you should take it up with the XBMC team.

You might try refreshing the movie in XBMC, or renaming the poster files.
quote: "i have reorganized my whole moviecollection with ViMM.
Everything works fine but on my AppleTV2 (nightly from 4.10.11 with Skin Quartz) some of the Posterfiles (<movie>.jpg) won't load."

Hade a similar problem, seams XBMC has problems if you have more as one files in a folder: <movie>.jpg, <moviename>.jpg and <movie>.tbn.

Look if this is the case. I deleted all my .tbn files and now only have the vimm created <moviename>.jpg and all is fine.

Macs
XBMC won't rescan the media after it has done so the first time, if you change a movie poster, xbmc won't update unless you goto the info of the movie and click update, or if you do alot you can remove the library and re-add it. i very much do not like that functionality but it is what it is.

also, if it's simply not showing up, make sure you have generate thumbnails enabled. i don't recommend this on ATV2 because it causes many buffering issues. what i do is i have my HTPC that handles everything, another HTPC in another room, and an ATV2 in the bedroom. i only let my main box scan, and i sync the thumbnails to my other devices. i use a sync program that monitors for folder changes so once something is added it's immediately pushed to other devices.
Just made a donation for you. Keep up the great work man.
well, at work i use 2 monitors with my MBP, at home just the laptop screen. ViMediaManager is now stuck on the second screen at home, i cannot get it to the first so i can actually see and use it.

i also notice that an app like Divvy has no effect on it, which is used for resizing windows.
I'm not known with divvy, but if worst comes to worst, you can reset ViMM by removing the preferences.

And to everyone who has donated so far:
Thank you all very much! next to my own ambition to make the best and most full blown media managing app for Mac, your donations are encouraging me even more to give it my all!
MariusTh86 Wrote:I'm not known with divvy, but if worst comes to worst, you can reset ViMM by removing the preferences.

And to everyone who has donated so far:
Thank you all very much! next to my own ambition to make the best and most full blown media managing app for Mac, your donations are encouraging me even more to give it my all!

Good to hear this app will continue to develop.
i notice that it doesn't always display the clearart or logoart if it's there. any idea on this?

edit...actually now i see that they are loading off the main page to the right, because i can see just part of a few
prophetizer Wrote:edit...actually now i see that they are loading off the main page to the right, because i can see just part of a few

That's a bug I've encountered loads of times. Delete the preferences file, as noted by Marius in earlier comments, & it fixes the word wrapping on the main info page.

It will happen again though... Unfortunately.
Is there any way you can make it so we can add our own FanArt if there is none available?