Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
MariusTh86 Wrote:v0.6 New movie list design sneak peak:

Let me know what you think!

Looks awesome man! Good work! Just one more suggestion: How about adding the rating in the list?

One other crazy idea: would be awesome if we could sort the list by date added to the database.

If you need a beta tester let me know.

Good work.

looks awesome, give me it NOW!

I have to agree with joelfernandes, that'd it be nice to know which ones were missing MPAA rating and to be able to sort by date added.

I may throw a dozen movies to get scraped and most times it's the studio and/or rating missing (I'm assuming the projector icon is for studios?). Without the date sorting I have to hunt through the list (getting bigger) and then click on them to see what is missing. It'd be nice to sort or filter these to the top.

Really looking forward to v0.6!
tuckbodi Wrote:I have to agree with joelfernandes, that'd it be nice to know which ones were missing MPAA rating and to be able to sort by date added.

I may throw a dozen movies to get scraped and most times it's the studio and/or rating missing (I'm assuming the projector icon is for studios?). Without the date sorting I have to hunt through the list (getting bigger) and then click on them to see what is missing. It'd be nice to sort or filter these to the top.

Really looking forward to v0.6!

I was actually talking about the reviews rating, not MPAA, but I would like that too.

Also, I don't know if the .nfo file supports but, would be great to gather and include the video properties too (codec, resolution, audio).
flossie Wrote:Hi,
I get the following error when Fetching all metadata.

"An Exception of class NilObjectException was not handled. The application must shut down"

Are there logs I can upload?

Version 0.5.3

Thanks

Phil

I had the same problem on some movie titles. Basically it's freaking out with one (or more) of the titles when it tries to scrape. Pay attention when you get the error as to where in your list of movies it's freezing then after you relaunch, go to that movie and manually search for it. You'll get around it and then be able to continue the batch scrape - until you hit another movie title it doesn't like!

Hope this helps.

From what point of view? It looks very nice, but I'm not sure it is practical as well.

If I am allowed to look at ViMM as a tool, I would consider progress bar or percentage label. In ideal world, there would be a sheet where I can choose what metadata/extras I'm after (I do not need trailers, logos etc) and that percentage count would be based on number of items I selected there. I could sort by this column so I can see completed/uncompleted items.

Truth be told, this is based on a tiny preview you posted so I may be all astray.
Can you in some way create Movie Sets or Collections within this program.

Also can we scrap UFC events successfully?

Thanks..
A little rundown of the list of icons.
The big left icon stands for movie status: Grey no NFO, Blue has got NFO, Red has been watched.
The landscape and portrait icon stands for Fanart and Poster respectively.
The 'i' circle stands for detected NFO files.
The talky balloons are for detected subtitles.
And the projector icon currently stands for downloaded trailers.

I'm still thinking about how to add voted ratings, and It already supports resolution (1080p/720p/SD) but it's not visible because up until now I haven't been able to scrape for it yet, but that'll soon change. Wink
I will be able to add video & audio codec icons, but that way the total amount of icons might get a bit long.

From this list you'll be able to see at a glance which movie has which items available.
I think I'll be able to let you sort by availability of items.

@Preproman:
Movie sets are a planned item for ViMM 0.6.
If UFC events are in The MovieDB you can scrape them?
MariusTh86 Wrote:I'm still thinking about how to add voted ratings, and It already supports resolution (1080p/720p/SD) but it's not visible because up until now I haven't been able to scrape for it yet, but that'll soon change. Wink
I will be able to add video & audio codec icons, but that way the total amount of icons might get a bit long.

My guess is that the rating should be the value right aligned.
Plus, I don't think that the resolution and codecs are that important to have on the sidebar. The main screen (when the movie is selected) is enough.

Also, if the big icon (gray and blue) already represents the existence of a NFO file, you should loose that "i" icon Wink
Seeing the resolutions might be nice, but codecs at a glance don't seem all that useful to me.

And you're right, it's a little double up information if i use both the big icon and the small icon to show off NFO availability. ^^
tried scraping tv again and it doesn't work they way you described. XBMC doesn't do a great job of fulfilling the back-end of scraping.
If you can find info for a tv show, then XBMC should be able to scrape for episode information through the TVDB.
This does currently require XBMC to receive an active connection to the internet, the TVDB being up and ready to be scraped for info, and the info of the specified episodes to be available in the TVDB.
So check to see if all the above are true, then try refreshing the episodes in XBMC.

I've been following about 106 TV shows using the english database language settings, and so far i've always been getting positive results for my tv shows.
Let me know what your settings are.
MariusTh86 Wrote:If you can find info for a tv show, then XBMC should be able to scrape for episode information through the TVDB.
This does currently require XBMC to receive an active connection to the internet, the TVDB being up and ready to be scraped for info, and the info of the specified episodes to be available in the TVDB.
So check to see if all the above are true, then try refreshing the episodes in XBMC.

I've been following about 106 TV shows using the english database language settings, and so far i've always been getting positive results for my tv shows.
Let me know what your settings are.

This approach is actually working great for me. XBMC finds all the eps. and names them.

On a side note. When will ViMM 0.6 be out? I really need the movie sets.

Can you figure out a way to load a shared drive with 3,000 movies? Can it take a load like that at one time?
ViMM 0.6 will take a whole new approach to loading movies which also enables it to 'deep-search' for movies, so it might be able to do it, but i'll have to leave the testing of that to you guys when it comes out. Wink

I can't currently give an estimate on when it'll be out, since i'm working on trying to implement a lot of the new and requested features such as the deep search for movies, 'episodes' and of course 'sets', next to rewriting most parts of it to improving them.

All in all, it'll probably take a while, but if all things go according to plan, it'll be the best update yet. Wink
oh man, don't do too much at once, i'm not using the software to rescrape everything again, since it deleting all my info already, until some of those options that won't prompt me to delete aren't there. just takes too long to redo it. this news stinkers