Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been using it to identify my full blu-ray rips where as 720/1080p re-encodes aren't appended.
"bluray" and "hddvd" are tags (along with others) that are picked up by XBMC and used by some skins for bluray and hddvd boxes.
Macsorzist Wrote:Wanted to ask the same but i donĀ“t want to stress you ;-)

such comments do stress ... but felt 90% of all users of all open source stuff just can't stop it ...
MariusTh86 Wrote:And the biggest change which is taking up a lot of work is multi-language support, i'm translating the app in both English and Dutch as i'm working on it, and i'll let users help translate it to other languages once it's out. Wink

Count me in for the german part.
MariusTh86 Wrote:For those that are interested, I can tell you some of the changes so far.

Great improvements!

Though, I would consider localization support for a later version if it slows things down significantly.
pecinko Wrote:Great improvements!

Though, I would consider localization support for a later version if it slows things down significantly.

I've been rewriting most of it from scratch, so now is the best time to add localization while i'm adding text, so i'm sure that i don't skip a line. Wink
I have a problem...
I change the settings for VMM to renmane my files like this
<movie>.nfo (batman begins.nfo)
<movie>-trailer (Batman begins-trailer)
<movie>.tbn (Batman Begins.tbn)

But it dont work..
All files are like:
Movie.nfo
trailer.flv
poster.tbn
fanart.jpg

What am i doing wrong?

Plz help
Changing the settings won't automatically change the existing files, and if you refetch information, images and trailers while existing information images and trailers exist, it'll try to replace them instead of creating new ones with new file names.

Try removing the files and starting to gather info and images from scratch.
MariusTh86 Wrote:Changing the settings won't automatically change the existing files, and if you refetch information, images and trailers while existing information images and trailers exist, it'll try to replace them instead of creating new ones with new file names.

Try removing the files and starting to gather info and images from scratch.

I did this test on a brand new movie.. I even restarted VMM after i change the setting.. but is still the same...
Okej now i did a new test.. and this "error" is when i trying to fix the movies that are in "rar" format...

When i try on a singel Mkv file it works perfekt...
What to do?
Unrar your movie with any unarchiver program?

The problem here is that it doesn't recognize '.rar' files as movie files (because they aren't movie files), so it'll default to the simple file names, since i'm not sure weather XBMC will take it if it names them after RAR files this is probably the safest way to go.
MariusTh86 Wrote:Unrar your movie with any unarchiver program?

The problem here is that it doesn't recognize '.rar' files as movie files (because they aren't movie files), so it'll default to the simple file names, since i'm not sure weather XBMC will take it if it names them after RAR files this is probably the safest way to go.

thats not good...!
Can it by default name the files after the rar files.. like "av720-theswitch.r01"
get "av720-theswitch.nfo" and so on....
?
Since .rars can contain anything from video's to subtitles, i don't want to go counting rar files as movie files, which I would have to do to get this working.

This will also haunt you in the future when ViMM goes to look for video files instead of video folders to add them to the list.
Please tell me what keeps you from unrarring movies?
First look at my experimental "Thumbnail viewer" for displaying multiple images, and selecting one of those images for downloading, such as posters, fanarts, banners and whatever other image we throw at it.
Size adjustable!

MariusTh86 Wrote:Since .rars can contain anything from video's to subtitles, i don't want to go counting rar files as movie files, which I would have to do to get this working.

This will also haunt you in the future when ViMM goes to look for video files instead of video folders to add them to the list.
Please tell me what keeps you from unrarring movies?

There's a good reason for keeping it in RARs. Maybe it is easier to share it between .his. computers that way.

You could maybe add an option to treat .rar as it is .avi It would be users job to keep folder tidy.
MariusTh86 Wrote:First look at my experimental "Thumbnail viewer" for displaying multiple images, and selecting one of those images for downloading, such as posters, fanarts, banners and whatever other image we throw at it.
Size adjustable!

Nice one! Smile