Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there any way that the ability to scrape episodes will be added? I know that xbmc and the tvdb scraper should download the episode info and the thumbnail by itself but thats not really working good for me.

I have to add the TV Show, then let it refresh from the internet and then refresh it again from the nfo files on the drive to get the episodes and have everything else as i configured it with vimediamanager, when I then add an episode i have to do the same

Maybe somebody knows a better way?
I'm hoping to have episode support added in the next release, so cross your fingers and hope for the best. :x
MariusTh86 Wrote:I'm hoping to have episode support added in the next release, so cross your fingers and hope for the best. :x

Sounds great ;-)
clock2113 Wrote:Transparency! does as well... love having a complete top250 playlist Smile

If it's used after all, I might as well add it then. Wink
mybrain87 Wrote:Is there any way that the ability to scrape episodes will be added? I know that xbmc and the tvdb scraper should download the episode info and the thumbnail by itself but thats not really working good for me.

I have to add the TV Show, then let it refresh from the internet and then refresh it again from the nfo files on the drive to get the episodes and have everything else as i configured it with vimediamanager, when I then add an episode i have to do the same

Maybe somebody knows a better way?

Sickbeard?
AtariBaby Wrote:Sickbeard?

As I understood it sickbeard is a tv show downloader (never used it).

My Tv Shows are downloaded with lftp from my seedbox, then sorted with sorttv which creates the the tbn but not the nfo file.

Is sickbeard able to check specified folders and look for the infos to the episodes?

Im running xbmcbuntu, so I'm not having a gui, is there some way to configure sickbeard and have it run from time to time from crontab to just create the nfo files?

EDIT: Tried Sickbeard...not really made for only adding nfo files...Im gonna look for another way
MariusTh86 Wrote:I'm hoping to have episode support added in the next release, so cross your fingers and hope for the best. :x

Great to hear. Fingers crossed.
Fantastic!!! Finally a good app for mac. Great work....and keep it up
First off: Awesome!

After running through and fetching all metadata for my shows (rewriting all old, broken NFOs that I had), I ended up with two major issues:

1. Any folder/movie filename that used a dash ('-') in place of a colon (':') that would be in a movie title was unable to find that movie until I manually searched and removed the dashes from the title. For example: "Futurama - Into the Wild Green Yonder (2009)" will not be found until I remove the dash

2. About 80 of my 600 movies scanned will not show up in XBMC, no matter what I do. I've checked the .nfo for errors, permissions issues, etc, and cannot figure out what's going wrong. For example: here is an NFO of a movie that added to XBMC just fine: http://pastie.org/private/9zc1x0jr9sareavuv3sla, and here is an NFO of a movie that will not add to XBMC: http://pastie.org/private/jncnlu3unbi7fb27owpxjq Note that both the IMDB and TMDB IDs check out just fine. (Extra note: I'm using TheMovieDB as my content source, as using IMDB seems to ignore the NFO files completely, especially for "title" vs "originaltitle")

Any idea what's going on?
1. Yeah, I did a little something stupid there, thinking that in general movie titles don't have dashes, so anything behind it would be useless information, which as in your case proofs, it is not, so that won't be happening in the next release.

2. Both NFO files seem fine to me, and seeing that they're both from the same 'set' makes it seem even weirder that only one of them would show up. perhaps make sure that they're not marked as watched in XBMC?

and 3. for previous posters about the top250 data, it seems that neither the moviedb and the unofficial imdbapi gives me the top 250 data, so it seems like I can't add it after all... though I can use the IMDB formula to manually calculate the weighted rating.
1. Awesome Smile

2. I cleared and re-scanned my movie library a couple of times, ensured nothing is marked "watched" in my movies yet.

It appears this project is open source, since it's all on Github. Can you document the dependencies for building the application? It doesn't look like a normal Xcode/Objective-C project.
It's open source as in, the source is readily open and available, mainly because I like github and it's download counter, however the language that is used is not as open.

I'm using the commercial 'REALStudio' program which uses the 'BASIC' language, which allows for natives apps on all three major platforms. (Mac/Win/Lin)
However due to wanting to conserve time, some coding constraints and limited availability of other platforms to me, i'm building ViMM as a Mac Only application.

Next to REALstudio, you'll also need to have access to the 'monkeybread' plugin, of which I use a couple of plugins to ease some bits and add functionality.
MariusTh86 Wrote:and 3. for previous posters about the top250 data, it seems that neither the moviedb and the unofficial imdbapi gives me the top 250 data, so it seems like I can't add it after all... though I can use the IMDB formula to manually calculate the weighted rating.

Hmm, bummer, I wonder how Ember and the native scraper were able to do it?

<id>tt0111161</id>
<title>The Shawshank Redemption</title>
<originaltitle>The Shawshank Redemption</originaltitle>
<year>1994</year>
<releasedate>9/23/1994</releasedate>
<top250>1</top250>
tuckbodi Wrote:Hmm, bummer, I wonder how Ember and the native scraper were able to do it?

<id>tt0111161</id>
<title>The Shawshank Redemption</title>
<originaltitle>The Shawshank Redemption</originaltitle>
<year>1994</year>
<releasedate>9/23/1994</releasedate>
<top250>1</top250>

Seeing that it's a native scraper, I'm guessing they found a way to scrape it from the IMDb website itself.
While i'm using an unofficial API that makes it easier for me to use, it doesn't provide a full set of data, which is why i'm using it only as a secondary scraper, not a primary scraper.
So today I added a few new movies to my collection and damned if I couldn't get the things to scrape properly. First off I was doing it through VNC so that might have been why I couldn't see the error message pop-up... so when I tried it directly I kept getting an ImDB API error.

It was able to bypass it and save the files, but I have no idea what's missing. Ideas? Anyone else seeing thisHuh