Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yeah, I'm getting some exception errors as well.

Steps:
1) Launched ViMM (0.6.4), which I'd been using awhile, and saw there was a new version available so ran the update. I launched the app and it said I had a new version available again, so I ran the update again. Did this one or two more times and saw it was the same version (a4) that it was trying to update to.
2) Went to the thread and manually downloaded the new alpha5 version and launched it. Ran a scan on a few movies and immediately got an exception error.
3) Read thread, which said to delete plist, which I did (the orig and the alpha), but still getting an error as in the picture.

What's odd is some movies get updated fine while some others will hang. BUT, I can come back and retry them and eventually they'll get their metadata. This is a guess, but it seems like it was hanging just after getting the poster image as when I reopened ViMM after the error, the movie would show a poster.

Mac OS X 10.6.8
Orig ViMM 0.6.4
Alpha ViMM 0.6a5

Hi Marius,
as far as i see it (and tested it with several refresh actions in xbmc ) :
-> Movies root
- -> MovieName
- - -> BDMV
- - -> BDMV
- - - -> Other BDMV Directories
- - - -> index.bdmv
- - - -> MovieObjects.bdmv
- - - -> index.nfo ( xml metadata )
- - - -> index-fanart.jpg ( Fanart )
- - - -> index.tbn ( poster ) <- xbmc looks for tbn files first call it preferred file, at least other developer mentioned that. Just to let you know

thanks
Linus
(2012-09-12, 11:17)Linusorg Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Marius,
as far as i see it (and tested it with several refresh actions in xbmc ) :
-> Movies root
- -> MovieName
- - -> BDMV
- - -> BDMV
- - - -> Other BDMV Directories
- - - -> index.bdmv
- - - -> MovieObjects.bdmv
- - - -> index.nfo ( xml metadata )
- - - -> index-fanart.jpg ( Fanart )
- - - -> index.tbn ( poster ) <- xbmc looks for tbn files first call it preferred file, at least other developer mentioned that. Just to let you know

thanks
Linus

So the extra files need to be named 'index'?
(2012-09-12, 04:48)tuckbodi Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, I'm getting some exception errors as well.

Steps:
1) Launched ViMM (0.6.4), which I'd been using awhile, and saw there was a new version available so ran the update. I launched the app and it said I had a new version available again, so I ran the update again. Did this one or two more times and saw it was the same version (a4) that it was trying to update to.
2) Went to the thread and manually downloaded the new alpha5 version and launched it. Ran a scan on a few movies and immediately got an exception error.
3) Read thread, which said to delete plist, which I did (the orig and the alpha), but still getting an error as in the picture.

What's odd is some movies get updated fine while some others will hang. BUT, I can come back and retry them and eventually they'll get their metadata. This is a guess, but it seems like it was hanging just after getting the poster image as when I reopened ViMM after the error, the movie would show a poster.

Mac OS X 10.6.8
Orig ViMM 0.6.4
Alpha ViMM 0.6a5

I guess i accindentally forgot to update the link for automatic update, thanks for notifying me!

I also started seeing that error, though i don't know what's making it popup, i made sure that it works correctly again.
these three parts that i mentioned worked with these names for xbmc ( manual refresh and also if you refresh your movie db ), others i dont know yet if you could name me the skin and what to look for ( extraart, etc. ) i am happy to test that.
what kind of files other players expect ( popcornhour or dune hd) i dont know yet, maybe i get some new toy end of this year ( dune or popcorn )
you're talking about the new cleararts & logo files? for as far as I know it's all still so knew, I might be the first to support downloading and displaying it in ViMM, and since there wouldn't be any other easy/automatic way to download them, there's not much incentive for skin developers to add support for them just yet, but that'll probably change soon. Wink
Right, thats what i saw as well.
Anyway if something is comming up just let me know and i will do some testing, so we all have some benefit here :-)
Looking forward to the next version :-)
Linus
Great to read about this update. Looking forward to update!!!

One question - there used to be one function in EMM, which ViMM did not offer - something around picking up the type of media type from the file (1080p vs 720p, aspect ratio, bluray vs dvdrip). Has this been implemented with this new release yet?
(2012-09-13, 01:37)steve1977 Wrote: [ -> ]Great to read about this update. Looking forward to update!!!

One question - there used to be one function in EMM, which ViMM did not offer - something around picking up the type of media type from the file (1080p vs 720p, aspect ratio, bluray vs dvdrip). Has this been implemented with this new release yet?

I dunno how ember does it, but ViMM 0.6 goes straight into the file using a command line app called 'mediainfo' to dig up information such as format, resolution and aspect ratio.
This way, if a file says it's 720p but it's not so in reality, ViMM should be able to pick up on the real resolution.
Also, in the latest release you can see some of the media information it picks up on in the metadata editor's first tab.
(2012-09-13, 01:37)steve1977 Wrote: [ -> ]Great to read about this update. Looking forward to update!!!

I know EMM reads tags like 'Batman 1989.bluray', 'Batman 1989.hddvd' or 'Batman 1989.dvd' and the XBMC skin also uses them to display a symbol like in Confluence or Aeon Nox.
I tend to only tag my Blu-rays and HD DVD's. If I name the file correctly before I process it through ViMM it keeps the tags and XBMC displays them correctly.
Is ViMM not reading DTS-HD Master Audio audio tracks down to a limitation in mediainfo?
(2012-09-13, 10:46)Stanl66ey Wrote: [ -> ]I believe that the Poster.jpg is more commonly used

Than what?
(2012-09-13, 10:47)T800 Wrote: [ -> ]Is ViMM not reading DTS-HD Master Audio audio tracks down to a limitation in mediainfo?

I'm not sure, what kind of file are you expecting it on? and what does it say instead?
(2012-09-13, 10:51)MariusTh86 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-09-13, 10:47)T800 Wrote: [ -> ]Is ViMM not reading DTS-HD Master Audio audio tracks down to a limitation in mediainfo?

I'm not sure, what kind of file are you expecting it on? and what does it say instead?

On .mkv/.m2ts/.ts files with DTS-HD Master Audio ripped from a blu-ray. It only seems to read the core audio and says 'DTS'. EMM also does this.
I suppose that would be a mediainfo limit then, I believe both EMM and ViMM only take the 'format' info which returns only DTS, at least I know that ViMM does.
Been having some issues with my IMDb Top 250 rankings and just noticed an oddity after I scraped a movie with ViMM a5. The movie City Lights .nfo file showed the ranking to be 9.1 where it should have been 42. Here's a snippet from the file:

<id moviedb="IMDb">tt0021749</id>
<id moviedb="TMDB">901</id>
<id moviedb="RottenTomatoes">17880</id>
<title>City Lights</title>
<sorttitle>City Lights</sorttitle>
<originaltitle>City Lights</originaltitle>
<year>1931</year>
<releasedate>1931-01-30</releasedate>
<dvddate>2000-02-08</dvddate>
<top250>9.1</top250>
<rating>8.6</rating>
<votes>48447</votes>
I can't actually calculate the spot in the list, just the weighted rating using the IMDb formula, which is what i've been using up till now, though comparing to the title in the list, the weighted rating is off too, and I can't get the top250 data from any of my used API's.

I think I may be able to add the list to ViMM manually, but that won't be up to date forever.

Edit:
I'm looking into a promising top250 api now, so maybe it'll show the correct placement in the list in the next version. Wink