Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Marius,

I had to remove the preferences and clear the Vimedia folde on the Application Support, and when i added my 850 movies they were all missing the covers on the list view. i need to click on them one by one (850 time) to see them back on the list.

Also, when i add new movies and i click on refresh, how can i filter the program to display only new titles ? or list new titles on the top ? without having to scroll thru the 850 movies.
Caching images now happens on update/refresh lists, so it will show the available image in the list on list updates, will be released in the next build.

There's currently not really a 'new' filter available, but you can sort by 'watched status' to put unscraped items at the top/bottom of the list.
Thanks !!!

Will try that later tonight ;-) keep up the good work !!
I forgot to report a werid bug i'm having on my Macbook Pro and on my iMac also.

When fetching for metadata, or when i refresh the list, if i stop moving the mouse cursor the software does nothing (even if i wait 2-3 hours) and as soon as i move the mouse, the update continue.

This is not a big issue when i update the list, but when it is fetching metadata, that will timeout the download of fan arts and creates a 0kb file that needs a restart to be deleted cuz it is considered in use by OS X.

I've noticed that one myself as well, it only happens in the Cocoa build, but i'm not sure why.
I'm guessing that it's a bug with cocoa in my development app itself, since cocoa support is still in beta, though its really annoying.

If you're not using a retina screen, you can use the 'Intel' version instead which does not have this really odd bug.
i just installed the latest nightly of the interl version and i can't get the thumbnails to appear when refresing, it want me to click on each movies :-(

Anything i should try ?
I'm sorry, i said it in a way that may have been confusing, you'll actually have to wait for the next nightly release. ^^;
i have a clean install of Vi, the preference is new and the folder vi on the application support got reseted.

However, when i scrape TV Shows, EX: Alcatraz and then i click on episodes and select the episode 1, an error screen pop up (error 0) with lots of information on it.

Anything i can do ?
For starters, you can help by sending me a screenshot of the error message, so i'll know where to begin looking for the error. Wink
I know the trailer support is still pretty early in the development cycle, so I hesistate to ask, but are there any plans to support higher-quality trailers? If I let the XBMC scraper find them, they seem to be of a much higher quality. The drawback being that the scraper doesn't download them, it just streams them. The ones ViMediaManager downloads seem to only be about 5MB or so in size. Does it involve where you're pulling the trailers from, perhaps?
Right, good news on that front!

Originally, i've been getting youtube URL's from the movie database's API, which are generally rather small, and up until recently the only choice.

Now available in the nightly builds, besides the regular youtube URL's, ViMediaManager will now also try to search HD-Trailers.net for High definition trailer URLs! it's still early, so it may not always work, but so far i've had some pretty good results.
Now unfortunately, if you check the 'auto download trailers' option in the preferences, it will still fetch the youtube trailer rather then one of the new HD ones, so if you want one of those, you'll have to go into the metadata editor and select a HD URL from the pop-up menu under the trailers section. the high definition sources are from Apple's trailers, Yahoo & AOL, and generally in 480p, 720p or even 1080p!
NOTE! you'll have to 'update' your movie first to get the new trailer URL's in the pop-up menu.

You can download the latest nightly from here: http://www.mediafire.com/vimediamanager

The 'download trailer' option in the 'Tools' and 'Extras' menus will also still download the first youtube option available for now, but i'll work on making a trailer chooser for that, much like I did for the Theme Songs in the TV section in the latest nightly. Wink
Does VMM recognize when I add a episode to a season and refreshes it in order to get a thumbnail and nfo for that new episode?
You'll have to select 'Update' > 'Episodes' from the 'File' menu to update all your series' episodes, or the right-click menu on the item itself to update just the selected series' episodes.
Doing so will update the episode guide, and if it can find a file matching the season and episode number inside the show folder, it will move them to the appropriate season folder, rename them (if you've set the preferences to do so), download the thumbnail and write the NFO file.

I hope that answers your question. ^^
So the alpha 6 build doesn't have full tv function?
Nope, but I'm hoping to release alpha 7 very soon, which will re-introduce full TV support, and this time around include full episode support as well!

If you're impatient you can try out the nightly builds from here: Wink
http://www.mediafire.com/vimediamanager