Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The <code> block should be enough, however there really shouldn't be any more possibilities for a nil exception to occur there.
I guess I should be fine if i catch the exception and continue by saying that it couldn't find a trailer item, essentially ignoring it as an error.
Hey, been using ViMM for over a year now, thank you so much for all your work on it. It's the best.

But, I got the latest nightly today and now it won't open.
I've used AppCleaner to completely remove it, but after I run it once, it won't open after that. It just bounces in the dock and I have to force quit it. Any suggestions?
(2013-02-27, 02:02)MariusTh86 Wrote: [ -> ]Alright, I hope I got all the path setters & getters, let me know if this build works better:
http://www.mediafire.com/?tafv3tcwf3xjnuu

Much better! At least I recieve the list of movies now, but after that I receive a message: "The selected movie cannot be found. The movie might have been moved. Please try refreshing the list". After updating the list this error is coming: http://pastebin.com/Ff0Nkc5m
Hope, that I can forget about built-in xbmc scrapers soon)
Edit: As far as I understand MadiaManager now can see folders, but without files inside. In the list of movies it is mention only the name of folder. If the folder name include name of the movie, Manager add the year, if not - just the name of the folder.
While i'm at it, I'm converting all paths to shellpaths, it'll take a bit, but I believe that might solve the problem.
(2013-02-27, 05:53)ammace Wrote: [ -> ]I got the latest nightly today and now it won't open.
I've used AppCleaner to completely remove it, but after I run it once, it won't open after that. It just bounces in the dock and I have to force quit it. Any suggestions?

From the Troubleshooting section of the User Manual:

"Reset preferences
It may occasionally be necessary to reset your preferences to resolve an issue. To do this,
close the program and delete the following file:
/Users/YOURUSERNAME/Library/Preferences/com.vidalvanbergen.vimediamanager-alpha.plist
The file will be recreated when ViMM is restarted.

Reset application
To completely reset the application to factory-fresh condition, in addition to discarding your preferences
file as described above, also trash (but save your ‘Studios’ folder if you made one):
/Users/YOURUSERNAME/Library/Application Support/ViMediaManager

Uninstall
Remove the two items above and the application itself. That’s it!"

AppCleaner may or may not do these things. If this doesn't work, I would suspect you've got some OS problem.
@giwwi: Uploaded a new nightly that works all on paths, I just hope I didn't break anything in the process. ^^;

@Glorious1: Thanks for the detailed explanation! I was going to post something similar, but then I forgot to push the 'post' button. Wink
(2013-02-28, 01:29)MariusTh86 Wrote: [ -> ]Uploaded a new nightly

I ran it through my test movies, and the audio codec stuff all looks great so far. I'm also trying an Update->All right now. I'll let you know how it goes.
(2013-02-28, 01:29)MariusTh86 Wrote: [ -> ]@giwwi: Uploaded a new nightly that works all on paths, I just hope I didn't break anything in the process. ^^;

@Glorious1: Thanks for the detailed explanation! I was going to post something similar, but then I forgot to push the 'post' button. Wink

Works fine, thanks!!! I confirm: Vimediamanager - The Best Media Manager for Mac OS X!
P.S. Maybe someone know, is there any similar app for music?
One more time thanks for great MediaManager, but I found two bugs with posters:
1. For some movies it is not possible to change poster. Manager doesn't show anything.
2. If I add movie to a set, xbmc doesn't see poster.
3. If I change poster in Manager it doesn't changes in xbmc after rescaning
1. How where you trying to change the poster?
1.1 I just fixed a bug where ViMM would become ultra slow if you dragged a picture from the finder over the preview area. (ViMM would try to constantly redraw the image while you were holding it over the area. now it only draws it when the cursor enters the area.) This also helped where ViMM would be unable to add the finder image because it was too busy drawing the preview.
2. See a poster for the set? or see a poster for the movies inside the set?
2.2 I believe you may have to manually set a 'set' poster.
3. The latest version of XBMC seems to handle changed images a bit better, but if you want to be sure, you should go to an item's information display and click on the 'refresh' button for that item, make sure to choose the local source, not the internet source when the dialog comes up asking you if you want to download information from the internet since a .nfo file is available.
Latest nightly.

Decided to start fresh, so cleaned everything in library application support, and the preferences.

1. Start ViMediaManager
2. Configure folder locations

movies : /users/ben/documents/media/movies
tv: /users/ben/documents/media/tv

3. Crash (logfile created on desktop copied below)

This seems to only happen if I have no media in either of the folders. If I put a movie in the movie folder the crash does not occur.

Code:
ERROR: 0

Passing non-absolute shell paths is not currently supported
Stack:

RuntimeExceptionErrorNumberGetter
RuntimeGetFolderItem
RuntimeGetFolderItem
REALbasic.GetFolderItem%o<FolderItem>%si4
ListMovies.CreateList%%o<ListMovies>b
dlgProgress.dlgProgress.thrProgress_Run%%o<dlgProgress.dlgProgress>o<Thread>
Delegate.IM_Invoke%%o<Thread>
AddHandler.Stub.0%%
threadRun
CooperativeThread
Ouch! Thanks for catching that, i'll get right on it!

Edit: Released the hot fix, sorry for the inconvenience!
Ran into the same error after removing media folders and relaunching the program.

ERROR: 0

Passing non-absolute shell paths is not currently supported
Stack:

RuntimeExceptionErrorNumberGetter
RuntimeGetFolderItem
RuntimeGetFolderItem
REALbasic.GetFolderItem%o<FolderItem>%si4
ListMovies.LoadList%%o<ListMovies>
ListMovies.Event_Open%%o<ListMovies>
FireWindowOpenEvents
Window.Constructor%%o<Window>
wndMain.wndMain%o<wndMain.wndMain>%
Preferences.LoadDefaults
App.Event_Open%%o<App>
enableMenuItems
Delegate.Invoke%%
Application._CallFunctionWithExceptionHandling%%o<Application>p
DecodeBackslashEscapeString
RuntimeRegisterAppObject
REALbasic._RuntimeRegisterAppObject%%o<Application>
_NewAppInstance
_Startup
RunFrameworkInitialization
REALbasic._RunFrameworkInitialization%%p
_Main
% main
I can't see poster for a movie inside a set, I can see it only by adding it manually. With other movies works perfect, but when I add to a set, poster disappear.
Other problems with posters actually solved.
Edit: I found, that if I manually rename poster file to <movie>-poster.jpg xbmc starts see poster.
(2013-03-01, 07:23)lutonmedia Wrote: [ -> ]Ran into the same error after removing media folders and relaunching the program.

What exactly do you mean with 'removing media folders'? removing folders from ViMM's preferences? or removing the folders in the finder?