Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Bad news for me Wink Would be great to let vmm watch my download folder and move everything new to my nas (of course before validating that its available)
Quick question, with the Update Episodes feature, would it be worthwhile or possible to add "Update Season X Episodes" so it doesn't have to scan every season of a show when a new episode is added? Is there a better way to quickly update newest episodes?

This software is quickly becoming a masterpiece! The new Cocoa builds are so much faster. Amazing job!

Thanks.
It's easier and nearly just as fast to update the entire episode guide, since it's easier to re-download the entire episode guide in one go.

Up until recently though, I added IMDb data for every episode that had it available, which took a lot of time the first time you downloaded episode information, and in some cases it would create HUGE episode guide files which would take even longer to load and read old information from, this was mostly because I added the full cast data for nearly every episode.

In the build below i've disabled IMDb, and i'm no longer gathering entire cast information for every episode, so downloading episode information and updating episodes should be much much faster. (Note, any old episodes with lots of cast information will still take a while to load up the old information once, but it will be overwritten with the much 'lighter' file.)

http://www.mediafire.com/?8j6ve2f4je6et
(2013-04-09, 19:55)einszweidrei Wrote: [ -> ]Bad news for me Wink Would be great to let vmm watch my download folder and move everything new to my nas (of course before validating that its available)

You know what, screw waiting, try the latest nightly, browse to the preferences > tv shows and set your completed downloads folder today! Big Grin
http://www.mediafire.com/vimediamanager
Hi. Just started using this to organise Movies on my NAS now that I have a couple of Raspberry PI's running OpenElec around the house.

Playing with the experimental Movie Sets feature and generally it's allowing me to set up the collections. On TheMovieDb.org I see that there is collection art work - ViMediaManager doesn't appear to pull this down? So by default when the sets display they appear to use the artwork associated with the first movie in the set. Does anyone know if this is a feature being worked on?

I can obviously download the collection art work manually but wonder if anyone know if there is a way of specifying the artwork to be used manually in the NFO file(s) for the movies in the set e.g. are there extra tags I could use within the <set order="1">Movie collection</set>? I've taken a look at http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=NFO_files/movies but don't get any clues from this.

Alternately I could manually choose for the collection in the Movies | Sets screen, but seem to need to do this on each XBMC, so I'd much rather, if possible, set it up once in the NFO file(s) on the NAS
(2013-04-11, 03:31)xenu Wrote: [ -> ]Hi. Just started using this to organise Movies on my NAS now that I have a couple of Raspberry PI's running OpenElec around the house.

Playing with the experimental Movie Sets feature and generally it's allowing me to set up the collections. On TheMovieDb.org I see that there is collection art work - ViMediaManager doesn't appear to pull this down? So by default when the sets display they appear to use the artwork associated with the first movie in the set. Does anyone know if this is a feature being worked on?

I can obviously download the collection art work manually but wonder if anyone know if there is a way of specifying the artwork to be used manually in the NFO file(s) for the movies in the set e.g. are there extra tags I could use within the <set order="1">Movie collection</set>? I've taken a look at http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=NFO_files/movies but don't get any clues from this.

Alternately I could manually choose for the collection in the Movies | Sets screen, but seem to need to do this on each XBMC, so I'd much rather, if possible, set it up once in the NFO file(s) on the NAS

I'm assuming you're using XBMC (you're here right...) so the short answer is "no" movie sets art can't be loaded locally (via filename or nfo) and must be manually selected within XBMC and stored into the database.

I suggest you watch this thread for developments: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=160517

What I do is manually download the set poster and fanart and store it in the same folder as one of the movies in the set. When you use "Choose art..." from the context menu you can do this:

browse... -> item folder -> choose the art

"Item Folder" is a special dynamic folder that loads all the artwork for any movies in the set, takes about 3 clicks to find your art and load it.
Thanks SophT, looks like that will have to be my approach. Will keep an eye on the thread you pointed me to!

On another note re Movie Sets and ViMM, how does it auto-add movies to sets when entering a new set name and pressing '+'. E.g. does it do a look-up on TheMovieDb.org and if it finds a matching collection name use this to then scan the local set of movies and automatically add matches - or is it done some other way?

For example, I'm puzzled why when I enter 'Batman' as a collection and press '+' it automatically adds my Batman movies, however when I enter say 'James Bond Collection' (which appears to be what the collection is called on TheMovieDb.org) it does not automatically add any of my James Bond movies to the collection?
It's a cheap trick really, whenever you add a set name, it'll go through the entire list to find movie's with the set name in their title, then adds those movies to the set. ;-)

So, since the Batman movies generally contain the name 'Batman', they'll be added, but because James Bond movies don't contain 'James Bond', it'll skip through them.
Ah that explains it - nice trick Smile
on the latest version from your RSS feed (Apr 11?) Every time I open the app it tells me that it found movies in my root movie directory and asks if I want to move them, the problem is I definitely DO NOT have movies in the root directories.
This is what ViMM does to pop-up that message:

It takes all your movie source folders, then it goes through every item directly inside the source folder, if it finds any file that's a video type file it'll pop-up the message, at least that's what it should be doing.

Are there any files of any types inside any of your movie directories that have been set as such in the movies preferences?
(2013-04-13, 00:26)MariusTh86 Wrote: [ -> ]This is what ViMM does to pop-up that message:

It takes all your movie source folders, then it goes through every item directly inside the source folder, if it finds any file that's a video type file it'll pop-up the message, at least that's what it should be doing.

Are there any files of any types inside any of your movie directories that have been set as such in the movies preferences?

The only thing in my source folders are subfolders like this:

Source/Movie Title (YYYY)/Movie Title (YYYY).mkv

Perhaps there's a dot file or something that it's seeing?
I've just realized, in XBMC, none of the clearart or logo images that ViMM has downloaded are showing up.
All of them are downloaded and in the folder, but unless I refresh the tv show from the internet within XBMC (which defeats the entire purpose) they won't show up in any OSD with any theme.

Do you know any way to fix this?
(2013-04-14, 04:52)ammace Wrote: [ -> ]I've just realized, in XBMC, none of the clearart or logo images that ViMM has downloaded are showing up.
All of them are downloaded and in the folder, but unless I refresh the tv show from the internet within XBMC (which defeats the entire purpose) they won't show up in any OSD with any theme.

Do you know any way to fix this?

Pretty sure same issue here.
i found an old bug that was fixed before on the 7a3.

When doing an update i must keep moving the mouse cursor or the scan hang.

Yannick