Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This was never fixed, it's an issue in the Cocoa build where the download seems to stall if the computer is inactive, there's currently no fix for this.
(2013-04-11, 01:38)MariusTh86 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-04-09, 19:55)einszweidrei Wrote: [ -> ]Bad news for me Wink Would be great to let vmm watch my download folder and move everything new to my nas (of course before validating that its available)

You know what, screw waiting, try the latest nightly, browse to the preferences > tv shows and set your completed downloads folder today! Big Grin
http://www.mediafire.com/vimediamanager
Awesome, just tried it. Works like a charm. However I've got a little suggestion: Is it possible to show a progress bar while moving files? All my data is located on my nas which is being accessed via wlan. While moving files the gui becomes unresponsive and the all beloved beachball shows up.
I was using 0 byte files on an SSD disk, so I barely even noticed. =P
It should use the progress dialog in this build:
http://www.mediafire.com/?8j6ve2f4je6et
Loving the newest build! Quick question for you...

I've got a ton of Japanese Drama to scrape, and was wondering about the possibility of pointing ViMM to sites such as http://wiki.d-addicts.com at some point down the development road. An example page: http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Utsukushi_Rinjin
Someone may know a better website for scraping Japanese Drama, but this is the best one I've found.

I'm getting spotty results (as expected) from tvdb/imdb, although it's great when there's data to be found. I'm just wondering if it would be possible down the road, or if this is outside of the scope of Vimm's future plans. Just wanted to touch base before I launch head-on into manual metadata editing. ^_^

As always, I appreciate all your hard work, ViMM is rockin!
I like the d-addicts wiki from your link, but I can't say if i'll be able to add this, at the very least it wouldn't be any time soon though.
Thanks for the quick reply! No worries, I thought I'd check with you before diving into manual editing. ^_^
Make the scrapper system modular so anyone can write plugins for it .. It's that simple! Wink
It's not that simple, since I wouldn't have a clue as to how to do that. ^^
Ok in the latest build linked on the page before the movement process didnt work. A dialog was shown but nothing happend. In the build before this build it worked..
What action did you try to make? and was it just now showing the progress of that action? or actually not doing your action at all?
I triggered VMM to look for new episodes. The popup with files moved was shown, however the files weren't physically moved. Furthermore only one of two files was listed in that popup. (The_Simpsons wasn't recognized as Simpsons)
I might have commented out the actual moving part for debugging purposes... the simpsons probably wasn't recognized because of the underscore, but I can filter that out.
Did the rest of the action do what it should?
Nice program so far!

I am using the latest posted version a few posts back.

I have all my .nfo files exported from xbmc.. when VMM imports the .nfo files, it displays the watched status correctly. BUT when I click "Fetch Metadata, Selection" it sets the watched status to unwatched again Sad
Not trying the "All items without Metadata" one, as I don't want to go through thousands of entries and reset watched statuses...
'Fetch Metadata' starts from scratch, as if you had no NFO file. From the User Manual:

"Fetch Metadata
. . . If an NFO file exists, it will be replaced with the new information."

And later, in the Edit Metadata chapter:

"When you ‘Fetch Metadata’, the NFO file, if present, will be completely overwritten, and changes you made to the plot description, title, actors, etc., will be lost. When you ‘Update Selection’, certain elements are preserved:
1. Title
2. Sort Title
3. Original Title
4. Genres
5. Tagline
6. Set & Set Order"

What you want is one of the update options, depending on what you are trying to accomplish. Watched status is preserved during updates also, although that is not explicitly in the list. I will update the manual with that.
Thanks for helping me out Glorious1. Wink

@Msan, as Glorious1 points out, the toolbar button 'fetch metadata' > selection, fetches all new metadata, disregarding the old stuff, what you really wanted to do here is 'Updata metadata' > selection, which would have 'updated' your metadata and kept the watched status.
'All items without metadata' goes through all items that don't have .nfo files available yet, not touching the ones you already have, so you should be safe there.