Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-04-20, 01:04)joelfernandes Wrote: [ -> ]It's still doing the same thing after deleting all the settings files and using the latest version you sent.

I have +800 movies, can that be it?

I have over 2500 movies and it doesn't crash on me..
(2013-04-20, 01:04)joelfernandes Wrote: [ -> ]It's still doing the same thing after deleting all the settings files and using the latest version you sent.

I have +800 movies, can that be it?

It could be, does it crash after a certain item or at random? What happens when you try each source folder separately? Maybe you can narrow down where it happens a bit.
I believe it's random, not sure tho.

Because it's really slow to update the list, it's hard to narrow the error. I tried now to add only one source and it did crashed on the second reading (I think it's the update list).

I'll try later to narrow the error and let you know where exactly crashes.

Isn't there a more specific log or debug where we can see where it crashes?
If it had the bug reported window come up on screen it would have been a bit easier to detail where it went wrong.
Anyone having issue with scraping trailers lately?

I get an Error 102 - download failed, try again later if I leave the window blank and the same error when I input a youtube video.
There has been a youtube layout change a while back which I fixed right away, do you use the latest nightly or debugging build?
The Clean - Other option.. what does it clean? Extra files or leftover files?

I have random old files, old art, quality changed and the files till remain, etc. Looking for a way to clean things up. Would this do something similar?
That should clean extra leftover files. ^^
Typically such things as stray text files, md5 files, some images that aren't downloaded through ViMM, and a few other things, and it will move those to the trash, so you can make sure that you're not throwing away something important. (Unless you're working on a networked drive)

If you have any file types that weren't caught but that you'd like ViMM to handle, let me know and i'll see what I can do. ^^
(2013-04-23, 00:59)MariusTh86 Wrote: [ -> ]That should clean extra leftover files. ^^
Typically such things as stray text files, md5 files, some images that aren't downloaded through ViMM, and a few other things, and it will move those to the trash, so you can make sure that you're not throwing away something important. (Unless you're working on a networked drive)

If you have any file types that weren't caught but that you'd like ViMM to handle, let me know and i'll see what I can do. ^^

Thanks for the quick response. Didn't want to try it without asking. :-) Seemed to work perfectly.
My Vi Media Manager gets unresponsive when trying to see the movie details.I am running Mac OS X 10.8.3. It started happening in the past 2 weeks. Any idea how to resolve the issue?
Thanks a lot.
Any movie details? or specific ones? are those movies on a local drive or network drive? are there any more details you can think of?
It does it for all movies. The movies are on an external NAS (Netgear). I am connecting using SMB. It works fine for Shows. I am not sure the exact moment when the issue did start happening. I did a bit of a re-org on my folders and maybe that triggered it. It does recognize all my movies and the Metadata fetch process works fine.
What happens if you restart the NAS?
(2013-04-24, 02:53)rpoenaru Wrote: [ -> ]My Vi Media Manager gets unresponsive when trying to see the movie details.I am running Mac OS X 10.8.3. It started happening in the past 2 weeks. Any idea how to resolve the issue?
Thanks a lot.

This happens to me. I'm a first time user and I'm trying to fetch the metdata for a single movie (it crashes for every movie) and the program will get to actor thumbs and then crash. It doesn't matter what movie i select.

Very annoying..
Are there any error messages?