Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-05-05, 13:20)MariusTh86 Wrote: [ -> ]1) It does, thanks to mediainfo. ^^

2) Interesting, i'll take a look at it.

Fantastic, this is great.Looking forward to good news on list tags :-)
I'm currently having trouble manually adding a poster to a movie. I have tried both 'dragging' the image into the area (Gives a green plus sign) and using 'open' to browse to the file, but nothing seems to work, there is certainty no poster.jpg in the movie folder. As a quick fix I'm simply changing the name of the image to poster and moving it into the film folder.

** Just to check I am doing it correctly - I select the film, select 'edit metadata', select 'poster' and download. Nothing found (obscure film!) so try and move manually and that's when it should work **

Using the latest cocoa build.

Many thanks

BB
(2013-05-07, 14:24)BillyBunter Wrote: [ -> ]I'm currently having trouble manually adding a poster to a movie. I have tried both 'dragging' the image into the area (Gives a green plus sign) and using 'open' to browse to the file, but nothing seems to work, there is certainty no poster.jpg in the movie folder. As a quick fix I'm simply changing the name of the image to poster and moving it into the film folder.

** Just to check I am doing it correctly - I select the film, select 'edit metadata', select 'poster' and download. Nothing found (obscure film!) so try and move manually and that's when it should work **

Using the latest cocoa build.

Many thanks

BB

I used to have that issue as well, seems to be fixed with the latest debug build..
As suggested, try the latest nightly build, most bugs should be fixed by now: ;-)
http://www.mediafire.com/vimediamanager
Hi there, just tried the new nightly and it's still not working :-(

I drag the image across to the dark grey area and it does show up, but when I release the mouse button it disappears.

sorry - more to add to this, I tried the 'Next' and 'Previous' icons to cycle through the films above and below the one I was editing, and it's changed everything to the previous titles details - folder remained the same, but the .nfo .avi -fanart.jpg have all changed to the other film :-( help!!!

BB
I looked over the code and there is indeed a problem if you wanted to add a poster/fanart or banner image, and there wasn't a previous image available.

Not sure about the second part though, have the local files changed? or just the item inside ViMM? could you try to go to the 'File' menu, select 'Rescan folders' and see if the folder appears correctly inside ViMM again?

This build might fix the image problems:
http://www.mediafire.com/?8j6ve2f4je6et
Hi there, yes the local files did change and the titles in ViMM changed as well. The folders retained the correct name.

Will try that build tomorrow!

Many thanks

BB
Okay, so I have had time to have a tinker around and I can now change all the images both via dragging and selecting!

That other problem when (whilst still editing the image) I select Next or Previous, it now only effects the .nfo file. It's not renaming it, but there is some sort of change happening as the file browser is showing the 'date modified' at exactly the same time I use previous or next.

BB
When pressing the prev / next buttons, it's normal for the metadata editor to save any possible changes to the .nfo file, so as long as the right information is still in the .nfo file, it's normal. ^^
Ah! perfect. I'll keep this build as my main one from now on :-)

Thanks for the help!

BB
Let me start off by saying how amazing this app is for maintaining a decent library for Boxee Box. :-)
I'm currently using v0.7α7/0.7.0.1.7

I'm wondering wether it's possible to look into updating .nfo data for new episodes only. I noticed there is a toggle to "Update Metadata - New Episodes", but this mode still re-downloads all of the .nfo data for all episodes. I think the expected behaviour for this mode would be to scan each episode for an existing .nfo file, and only download the ones that do not have one.

Another possibility is that we can update the .nfo's of the last "x"-episodes of a series.

Scanning through an entire library is quite time-consuming. :-)

Great job on this app!
I'll be downloading and updating the entire episode guide in one go, since that's easier then figuring out what's changed, and keeping the episode guide in the correct order.

I could verify if an episode has a valid .nfo file, and is not lacking in some of the more important information bits, but i don't think it's going to speed things up all that much in comparison.
Bit off topic, can any 1 here recommend a place to get icons like this

i mean these 1's here.
For the most part, I got them from the free iconsweets 2 package:
http://www.iconsweets2.com This thing is a gold mine of icons!

Others, like the poster and banner picture I either mixed up some icons from icon sweets, or did some creative shaping in photoshop. ^^
The original iconsweets package is also pretty interesting:
http://iconsweets.com
(2013-04-23, 00:45)MariusTh86 Wrote: [ -> ]There has been a youtube layout change a while back which I fixed right away, do you use the latest nightly or debugging build?

I'm not sure...how do I check?