Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Unable to load subtitles in current nightlies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First of all, here is my log. Its from my MacBook's XBMC, but the following happens at both my ATVs aswell.

I'm unable to load subtitles while watching a movie/tvshow. Files are named like this (all in the same directory):

tvs-lost-dl-bd-xvid-106.avi
tvs-lost-dl-bd-xvid-106.sub
tvs-lost-dl-bd-xvid-106.idx

As you can see in the log, on the one hand, it takes ages until that episode is starting (about a minute, without subs in the folder approx 2seconds) and then i'm unable to load the subs. If i enter the subtitles menu in Confluence, i can see a window for about 0,5sec and then it returns to the playing episode. If i click on the audio symbol and try to active subtitles there, XBMC does not recognize any subs and shows "none". When i hit "Search subs" i can add the .sub or .idx file, the playing file freezes for some seconds (just picture, sound is playing fine) but not subtitles come up. Any help? I have some shows without forced subs burned in so i need to add them manually. As i wrote in the beginning, i have the same prob on an OS X XBMC as well as on iOS. Tried nightlies 0831 until today.

Regards.

Edit: It seems to be Confluence related, in PM3 everthing is working fine expect the long loading time when subs are in movie/tvshow dir.

Edit2: .srt subs are playing fine, file is starting immediatly so i guess its not only skin related
Nobody else?
Come on guys. Can someone please test idx/sub with an avi file and tell me if the same issues occur?
Next try. There should be someone out there who is willing to test an avi file with idx/sub. Or to read my log file if something is wrong there.
Since you've stated this is not iOS specific maybe try posting it in a general area, might get a bigger audience.
Then i would ask a mod to move this thread, please.
Sure thing. Also, I would try this out but I've never come across any files with .idx subs.