Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [LINUX] XBMC locks up when entering music directory
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm running XBMC (currently version 2:11.0~git20110912) from the unstable PPA on Ubuntu 11.04 Natty. Upon trying to scan my music directory into the library, XBMC locks up the entire system. (as in, the computer stops responding to pings, and I need to power-cycle the system to bring it back up.)

Here's my debug log: http://pastebin.com/TrCivV71

I don't see anything in there that I would think causes it. In fact, the last line is cut off in the log, which makes me wonder if there's something in the underlying system causing it.

Regardless, anyone heard of anything like this? I finally wiped Windows 7 and XBMC off of this Eee Box so I could use Ubuntu and XBMC... I guess next is Arch (what I have on the rest of my systems) and XBMC.
I have the same experience when scanning my music collection to the library. There is one particular folder containing a lot of random mp3s, possibly 100+. The system always hangs scanning this folder and has to be power cycled.

Ubuntu 10.10, Dharma Stable, AsrockION330HT